Im dumb...

KrisDeitz

Market
Reaction score
So i got a Panorama Module..

Came with a PC trickle charge so i tried to go around that and spliced the wires..

Well my Gf walked in and closed the door and the Wires touched and sparked.. The light was still on but once i unplugged it and tried it again today it now does not work. Is there anyone out there that can help me Break it down and try to troubleshoot? This happened few weeks ago and i just got a transformer lol. my luck the light does not work now.

Is it replaceable? Also why would it continue to work until i unplugged it?

the fuse blew when you unplugged it. Fuses just pop in and out, easily replaceable.

That is just my guess, but you should call the company and ask them what they think might have happened.

I did and they said i could of blown the board or something. I couldn't talk long. if the fuse is blown can i tell when i take it out like a car fuse?

ya, it will look the same. Probably a different type of fuse but you get the idea. I doubt you blew the board, it would have shut off right away

Crew this is all to the strip. Is the white thing the Fuse?
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
675808=31985-Picture 5324.jpg
>
675808=31985-Picture 5324.jpg
class="gc-images" title="Picture 5324.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
675808=31986-Picture 5325.jpg
>
675808=31986-Picture 5325.jpg
class="gc-images" title="Picture 5325.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

nope, thats a temperature sensor.. if it gets over 75C it turns the unit off.

Edit: just now realized you were talking about LEDs, you probably fried them

Edit: how long was it plugged in after you let the wires touch?

About 5 mins then i left it on my desk for about 2 weeks

I hope i can fix it. Id be really upset if i lost this

you could try giving power to the LED's directly to see if they light up.. if they don't, fried. Can you not return the thing?

Crew;675816 wrote: you could try giving power to the LED's directly to see if they light up.. if they don't, fried. Can you not return the thing?

Bought from an ARC member. How should i give power to it like you said?

Neither my Trickle batter pack nore my Transformer will power it.

well I would assume they are wired in series, it looks like it at least (+ to - and so on down the line.) Based on what I see in the picture, it looks like they have 2 wires coming from the box on the left (im assuming the power supply) One goes straight to the LED's, and the other goes to the temp sensor and then to the LED's (reason being if it senses too much heat, it breaks the connection. Cut those two wires and run them direct to a power source, probably want to go with 10V as thats pretty standard with LED's

Edit: 1 amp

Edit: cut the wire that goes straight to the LED's and the wire that goes to the temp and then to the LED's

Will do now. I took my other strip and looked at it. TO me it looks like the LEDS fried. They are black. So let me test. Brb in 5 mins. Thanks again for the Help crew.

positive and negative doesn't matter here

Edit: ya, they have that burnt look

Edit: If you want LED lighting its pretty easy and cheap to do it yourself.

could be worse... could have been $100

what was it for?

My Bio Cube 29... So heres what id like to do. Can i replace the LEDS in that with 3w Crees? That way i can still use the Compact look and the Board its on?

Dont know what kind of LED's those are, pull one out and take a picture

Crew Text me itle make it easier If thats ok with you

770 601 0087

Its the Panorama Module its 12 1W leds

are you not going to be using your hood? I haven't had to top off my tank in 3 weeks thanks to the hood.. its pretty convenient.

Back