I'm losing

fishlips

Market
Reaction score
Aiptasia is out of control .After over feeding, trying to keep the CBB alive, which I failed to do.yes lost that one.Now , hair algae is coming into play.I have 6 peppermint shrimp, that are not even putting a dent in them.I need help.Keep in mind this is my 180.What do I do.In all the time I been in the hobby, I have never got discouraged. I'm not there, but I need help

How out of control? Another option is aptasia eating file fish. If it't not too far gone you can try injecting with kalk paste or hot water. I've got some more popping up so I'm going to have to try something soon. Aptasia-x did nothing for me.

HiImSean;950958 wrote: How out of control? Another option is aptasia eating file fish. If it't not too far gone you can try injecting with kalk paste or hot water. I've got some more popping up so I'm going to have to try something soon. Aptasia-x did nothing for me.

Its bad.I mean like over 100 or more . I'm not exaggerated. If I knew a file fish would work, l would get one.If it would leave the sps alone. Thinking about another 1/2 dozen of peps

DawgFace;950961 wrote: If you serious have 100 Aptasia 20 more pepper mints may work.

Sadly to say, Yes I have more than a 100.

jamescook;950966 wrote: I love my file fish, but he likes acans and palys not sps.

Dose he eat the Aiptasia, I dont care if he eats my liverock, as long as he doesn't bother my sps

make sure you are getting Lysmata wurdemanni peppermint shrimp and not the pacific species.

20 should do it.

Get yourself some gfo, and change it every 7 days or so, some large water changes.

Thanks, The first 2 peps I had where good.They kept things under control. Then I think they got eating.So I got six more.But they were the wrong ones.

I've had decent success with lemon juice, but I've never had more than a couple at a time

leveldrummer;950992 wrote: Berghia nudibranchs

Well, I like what I read about them.But my concern is the peps that are in there, will they harm the nudibranch.I read they could.I have no choice. Who has these bugs that I can buy.Lol.and thanks

Matted file fish will do away with your aptasia problem, but you have to keep him in the tank. It will eat all your zoas and acans if you have any. I call mine ugly fish, but i love the google ads...... but he is cool.

Jaycen B.;951003 wrote: Matted file fish will do away with your aptasia problem, but you have to keep him in the tank. It will eat all your zoas and acans if you have any. I call mine ugly fish, but i love the google ads...... but he is cool.

Are they hit or miss or eating Aiptasia

In your original post you stated you had been over feeding. That maybe one reason why the PS weren't eating the aptisa, they had plenty of other food to eat. If you back off to a normal dose feeding only what your fish will eat new PS will probably do much better for you. You probably spoiled your existing ones by always having enough food to fill them up.
Just a thought.

camellia;951091 wrote: in your original post you stated you had been over feeding. That maybe one reason why the ps weren't eating the aptisa, they had plenty of other food to eat. If you back off to a normal dose feeding only what your fish will eat new ps will probably do much better for you. You probably spoiled your existing ones by always having enough food to fill them up.
Just a thought.

+1

Back