I'm Moving.

fishlips

Market
Reaction score
Well, Its this week, either Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday l plan on breaking down 120 and 30 gallon tanks. And hulling it 30 miles, and setting it up. I did it before without loosing any lifestock. Weather will play a big part on what day. I'm not scared, just got to think and make the right move in order. Going to put all frags in DT, And move empty frag tank over and set up. Then go back and get all valuable sps frags and colonies and place in frag tank. This a start of my thinking. Going to do some more thinking. Got 16 fish and 100lb rock.:eek:

xilez;1102786 wrote: Where are you moving from/to?

Thanks guys, From Seneca SC to Easley SC.
With the weather being the warmest tomorrow, Thats the day. Now I'm scared. :unsure:

Buckets, buckets, buckets, that's what's worked for me. I keep the bags my coral come in, so they came in handy when I moved. Good luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Thanks Brett, I think I got enough. Plus I'm trying to have all live stock inside vehicle with temp close to water temperature, or a little wamer.Im going to try to have fish only out of DT less then 2 hrs. Coral colonies maybe 3 hr. Frags will be only 1 hr.

gacolt;1102830 wrote: Good luck with the move

Thanks Mark, I forgot what it feels like moving 175 gal of saltwater, and 50.00 worth fish and coral.(in :yes:case wife reads)

Well, I don't know how to say it. Ita went terribly wrong. Started tanking down DT at 12:00 noon.3:30 had DT and sump empty. All livestock in tubs with PH&heaters. Went to take tank and stand over to new apartment. Straps broke holding stand and blew out the back. Damaged stand greatly. I wanted to quit.Got to apartment told wife let me to livestock to LFS and store equipment. She says no. From that point my heart was not in it . I only moved fish and liverock .My frags and coral are in frag tank that i could not move. Got home at 2:30 this morning. I cant set up lights or sump till tomorrow.
Got to move furniture today. Guys, I'm sorry, but I really need to give it up. Im lost. Im sick. I don't want to do this anymore.

That's horrible, I'm so sorry. I wished I had a stand I could loan or give you. Maybe one of our members has one sitting around they could cough up on short notice. If your wife won't let you give up you certainly can't quit. If you have everything stable in terms of temp, salinity and oxygen you can go several days without lighting and keep everything going. I'm sure your absolutely exhausted and stressed with the move as anyone would be. But, this is doable.

Thanks Brett. Stand was useable Day 3. Hit the floor running. Going over to get frags and tank.Got a lot of work. Sorry got to go.

Well, its been a rough week. After coming to my senses.And coming out, of shock. I'm getting it under control. Sorry for the negative attitude. There was some good that came out of it, all. I cleaned out all my montipora plating and branching. All acropora except one setosa. Everything is small. A big red dragon colony, and afew other acros I lost.
My rock scaping is better now. I'm starting to get back my zeal. Will toke picks when Im done

Im proud of you James. Most people would have given up and that would have been the easy way out! Post some pictures we would love to see the progress.

Thanks, Been at it since 2007. Just getting started. Just now got my sump going. Hooked up a new DCS 12000 that I bought new awhile back. This thing rocks. I got set on 2. I'm omly feeding one overflow and one chamber. As soon as i hook up my reactors ,i will need more.

Back