Im so done with hermit crabs.

markl

Market
Reaction score
I just came down stairs to check my tank and this da@# hermit crab was trying to eat my yellow watchmen goby. It looked like the watchmen was going to let him. At first i thought the watchmen was dead. I stuck my hand in the tank and he took off. I grabed every crab i could find and tossed them in the sump. Any one ever seen this before?Now the watchmen is back out of his hole hanging where he stays most of the time.

I wanna know why ur watchman wasn't moving... I mean if i big *** crab was going at me I'd move. Ionno about you guys :) I ope teh hermit didn't hurt ur watchman tho.

Not sure why he didnt move. It wwas like he didnt mind the crab trying to eat him.He seems to be fine . I almost fushed the crab down the toilet but decided to throw them in the sump to eat fish poop.

Maybe the crab was cleaning him? I doubt say anything is just going to sit there and be eaten if there is nothing wrong with them.

I had a cleaner shrimp eat a good chunk out of a yellow watchman goby. It damaged it's top front fin and it has a huge indentation from the top fin up to it's head. The top front fin just flips over the side of the fish and it cannot move it. You could see all the way through the fish to the centre fin. The fish then disappeared for a month or so and then came back out all healed up. It still has a huge indentation but it has since coloured in and gotten blue spots back in that spot. I always just assumed there was something wrong with the fish and that the shrimp performed surgery on it. This goby is alive and well in my tank and has a shrimp army with it in and near it's burrow/cave system. It's army consists of 2 fire shrimp and 4 peppermint shrimp.

Matt

Back