Im sorry i changed the setup again

sagent3000

Market
Reaction score
closedloop26.png
alt="" />

here is the new set up i need your help on the closed loop part. MRC said they could put the over flow in the middle. all the plumbing will be in the middle in the over flow box. this is a front view

the red is live rock which corals will be attached to (duh i know)

the blue will be the returns from the sump 1" each they will be on both sides

the green is coming from the closed loop and they both will be 1.5"

now here is where the question comes in the yellow is going to be on the closed loop too but i don't know if thats where it should be. should i put it lower or higher, what? the closed loop will be run by a reeflo dart 3600gph and will be on a oceans motions 4-way osicallating device.

the tank will be at MINIMUM 72x24x24

I've read and re-read that, and it still doesn't make sense to me. Sorry?

well i have changed the location of the tank. it will be the divider between the kitchen and den. i don't want any wires showing thats why i am going with the closed loop. since the tank will be a divider i don't want you to see the water going in the overflow. kind of the idea you would used if you had a circular tank

dawg are you saying drop some of the returns down lower?

so i should have him put a return line coming from the base of the tank on both ends of the tank?

I would put the yellow ones on the bottom, pointing upwards at an angle (45 degrees maybe). Use locline to give you a little flexibility.

WHat size are the yellow? If 1.5" you can use locline splitters to give you multiple outputs per pipe. So, you can have nozzles pointing in 3 different directions per side (left and right).

Does that make sense?

here is what i will do then tell me what you think. i will split the bottoms into two 3/4" (half of 1.5") and have them alternate (right top - bottom left; left top - bottom right) for the closed loop and the middle will be continously feed by the sump returns that will be 1" each or should i reduce them to 3/4" too. the pump is an iwaki 40RLXT that pumps 1200 gph and has 1" intake and return

Back