Important info about cities in drought.

ouling

Market
Reaction score
The city of Fayetteville and others in Fayette County is facing some serious water problems. 2,000,000 gallons out and only 650,000 coming in, the rest is pumped from wells and barrowed from the county.

Fayette county water is 65ppm TDS as I've tested a few months ago, and the water department lab have confirmed this. The current TDS in some cities in this county is 215-245ppm depending on how the well water is mixed with county water.

Unless you live in Atlanta or north of Atlanta, I highly suggest you to test your TDS readins. If you live in Fayette county and havn't changed ur DI cartridge in 4 months, it's time to do it now. I'm getting a 235ppm reading going in the RO/DI and a 165ppm coming out the clean end...

I'm going to go home and test the calcium and carbonate hardness of straight tap water and RO/DI water and see how many PPM of it is contaminants. I mixed my RO/DI water with ReefCrystal salt and got a 15.5DKH reading! Hope the high TDS is just carbonates and calcium and not other bad stuff.

Good post... nice to know and something I never condisered as they draw more water from more difficult places.

Isn't the whole point of RO/DI to get zero TDS at the end? (Assuming you keep up with the filter changes.)

Also, are we supposed to test TDS of salt water? I've never heard that before.

Yah his ro/di is clearly not working to well. :( Its not abnormal to see tds near 1k in some cities around the country. We have abnormally clean tap water in atlanta. Even 235 going in is just fine, I get that sometimes up here in Roswell and still have 0 on the way out.

Last time I check, the EPA max for tap water is 500 PPM. If you get anything higher then it's time to call the EPA because something is not right.

A slight thread jacking...but made me think of the kid that tested the toilet water vs drinking water at his school.

index.php

Back