In Fear of my SPS...WHAT IS THIS?

jeep9783

Market
Reaction score
Ok for the past month i have been trying to catch this guy as he stays in my tri color validan (i know how to spell) and my yellow milli, never leaves just stays and it appears that he is picking at the pollips i finally managed to catch him after making a couple of frags of my tri color, any help would be appreciated as i have him qt until further notice he is about the size of a nickel
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
99980=6197-100_1029.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
99980=6197-100_1029.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="100_1029.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
99980=6198-100_1030.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
99980=6198-100_1030.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="100_1030.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
99980=6196-100_1031.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
99980=6196-100_1031.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="100_1031.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

There is one more that only stays on my tri color but i haven't been able to catch him, i don't know how it got in there unless they were very little b/c i inspect every drop of water to every piece of rock that goes in there now there is two well only one left but any ways, and yes they have like pointed pinchers not the flat ones like the emerald crabs

I looked at the acro crab but didn't get a good pic of him...I don't understand why they say he is good, they say that he protects the acros from predators but keeps my pollips on my yellow milli and tri color closed up all the time? Still not sure if that is what it is

I do beleave he is a winner big d +1rep...no but now i know he has been causing the milli to be pissed and the tricolor to have white spots at various spots any ideas how to get him out as the tri color is about 7 in long by 4in around with crazy stag horn style branching?

this is what the two have been living in for atleast one month...probably the reason for the stunted growth and white spots on this acro...sorry for the crappy pic
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
99997=6199-100_1032.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
99997=6199-100_1032.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="100_1032.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

awww hes sooo cute :) But best not to put back in your tank. Throw him in the fuge if you have one.

CGill311;100013 wrote: A freshwater dip should work. The crabs would probably jump right off.

I wouldn't FW dip any SPS. Just fish him out with some tweezers in a seperate bowl. blue eyed crabs = bad.

If he's clinging on to the coral, lance him with a skewer and then remove him with tweezers.

yea well he had been eating the pollips off my acros so he is no friend of mine, someone mentioned an iodine dip or something will this work and how do u do it

that's that's the same kinda crab that was on my purple milli.... i just pulled the colony out and sat it on the kitchen table until he came off then put the colony back

i dunno i left and got my little brother to deal with it... it shouldn't matter tho since most of those things are exposed for hours and hours everyday in the wild..... even if it dies at least the crab can't get on anything else....

taken care of i took it out and set it on table for about 30 min and every 5min going and looking finally i found him on the tip of the colony and snatched him up...he then fell on the grown and the dog got hold of him...hahahahahahaha

they eat the pollips of the acro's if u look at the pic of my tri color u can see white spots where they have been eating for a few months

I sat down and removed 18 acro crabs from 14 corals one day with tweezers an only lost one claw.
Tweezers are easiest and safer for the coral opposed to leaving it out of water or dipping.

Back