In sump or back of tank?

dylan ringwood

Market
Reaction score
Ok so I can't get my water temp to hit 76 ish degrees highest I've got was 72 so should it be in the sump or back of tank? And if in sump does it have to be submerged quite a bit? Name of heater got this one today cause I felt my old one wasn't cutting it is eheim

Dylan Ringwood;1062024 wrote: Ok so I can't get my water temp to hit 76 ish degrees highest I've got was 72 so should it be in the sump or back of tank? And if in sump does it have to be submerged quite a bit? Name of heater got this one today cause I felt my old one wasn't cutting it is eheim

If the heater is powerful enough to handle the full volume of your system and you have decent flow/circulation then the heater being in the sump should be just fine. If it's an Eheim Jager then yes it has to be fully submerged. You can suction it horizontally to the bottom of your sump of you have the room. They don't have to be vertical.

You might want to add a second heater. If you're only getting to 72, your heater isn't strong enough. Adding a second will add stability, and if one fails, the other will slow down cooling (or won't be strong enough to cook everything if it gets stuck on.)

Even the best heaters should be replaced every few years, and tested regularly. IMO they are the weakest link in our life-support systems for our tanks.

Jenn

Ok mine is capable to being fully submerged so I'll plant it horizontal and see what happens. I got a stupid question how full of water should my chamber with sump return pump heater be?

97c5217bfd81ae8bd547e046284db6ee.jpg
alt="" />

Back