In-Wall Tank - who has installed one?

linda lee

Market
Reaction score
We have a neighbor who bought a large tank at the Marine Fish sale in May. He's installing it the wall.

This is turning out to be one of those *bit off more than he can chew* projects, as he knows relatively little about how a reef tank works, filtration, lighting, flow, etc.

The tank will be on the main floor above the basement, with the supporting equipment below. The floor probably needs extra support to compensate for the weight of the tank.

Have any of you done this since being in the ARC? I'm looking for build threads. Pictures, hints, tips, pitfalls -- anything would be helpful. I'm also searching Reef Central, so if you happen to have any links for threads there, please share.

Also, would anyone recommend a particular local aquarium installation service that might be able to assist with this project if it comes to that?

I'm not a good judge of tank size -- this one is definitely 200g+ ... maybe 250 or 280.

Any input would be appreciated.

Talk to Danny Bradley - he does tank maintenance for SouthEast Aquariums, and they are a sponsor. Most of the work they do is on the size and type of systems you are talking about.

Back