Incoming TDS?

AWarnick

Market
Reaction score
I am curious if anyone is measuring incoming TDS (total dissolved solids) from various Atlanta area water sources? I only measure TDS after my RODI. I suspect it isn't that bad in Atlanta but I do sense a lot of water treatment chemicals such as chlorine. Anyone have numbers they can post? If you can list the area you live in as well that would be helpful to others.

Last edited:
I get sub-50 TDS in Cobb county, I got similar numbers when I lived in Douglasville. We have extremely clean water.

Yes I consistently measure incoming TDS. It can range anywhere from the mid 30s to the mid 60s, I live in Cobb County.

The TDS while higher than carbonate hardness is still very low here. I only run pre-filters + DI (no RO), here’s why-

“Cherokee County’s water is very soft, 16 mg/l as calcium carbonate.”

I live in Cherokee County too. The TDS measures low - around 30 - but there are tons of silicates in the water. I guess it’s all the red Georgia clay in the Etowah River. A recent ICP test of my RODI water showed zero on everything except for silicone which was at +634.8 µg/l. I’m thinking of adding an extra DI to my set up to filter out the extra silicates.

I live in Dallas GA area. The tds meter on my brs value + filter after flushing for 5 minutes will read. 2 or. 3 in and 0 out. My last send off to Germany water test also showed high silicate content like the last member experienced. Don't remember what the number was. I added filtration media to remove silicates. Now seem to have happier livestock and coral. I am not a scientist, nor do I play one on TV. Just my very uneducated minimal reefing experience findings.

I live in Dallas GA area. The tds meter on my brs value + filter after flushing for 5 minutes will read. 2 or. 3 in and 0 out. My last send off to Germany water test also showed high silicate content like the last member experienced. Don't remember what the number was. I added filtration media to remove silicates. Now seem to have happier livestock and coral. I am not a scientist, nor do I play one on TV. Just my very uneducated minimal reefing experience findings.
"IN" on your RODI is in to the DI resin, after the sediment, carbon and membrane. That is not a measure of your source water.

My water in Loganville measures consistently right around 40 tds. I frequently have 0 tis before the resin, but never over 1. I've never had my source water tested, but it seems very clean and has no detectable chlorine odor like the water in some places does. My filters and resin last FOREVER.

Back