INCREDIBLY FAST worm...

rbredding

Market
Reaction score
today we went to marine design and bought a couple skunk cleaner shrimp for the 90 and they looked to be having a great time...

we went out tonight for a couple hours (lights off on the tank since about 4pm) and when we got in, saw that one of the cleaner shrimp looked to be stuck to the rock.. not moving.. (obviously looked dead)

so I pull him out and he's got a funky gelatinous gunk all over him (it had collected some of the sand too)..

lights still off.. and I come back a little later with a flashlight..
it looks to be a bristle worm (or fire worm) but I can't tell, because this thing moves so fast that after the light hits it, the only way I can find it is to look for the blur that just disappeared..

within literally less than a 1/2 second, 2" of worm has moved about an inch over and into a hole to disappear..

how do I get him out of there... will a freshwater dip work?
anyone got an idea what kind of worm would kill a shrimp? (there's an empty snail shell right there too, so it probably was the first victim)

maybe this guy?

showthread.php

I saw that, but those looked nearly black (or very dark brown)

this thing looks more tan..

I took the rock out and put it in fresh water..

we'll see if he comes out (a hitchiker crab did that I didn't even know was in the system)

is there a better way to kill him.. (I don't care if I get him out of the rock, I just want him dead)

boil the rock or place it on the grill wrapped in aluminum foil.
either way will work. they say a good soak in club soda will work too.

Eunice worm. I would put money on it. Those things are evil and act the way you are speaking of. Spawn straight from h#ll. Kill it and take no hostages. Smash the rock up and take him out. They can break in half and regenerate. I learned that the hard way.:AR15firing:

:-( but I like the rock.. I'd hate to smash it up..

will leaving it in fresh water for a couple days work?

after all this is done, can i throw the rock back in or do I have to cycle it all over again..

Back