Info on Green Star polyps

mizah00

Market
Reaction score
Anyone with info or have kept these soft corals,can you give me any advice on water perimeters and feeding. Just purchased a Med size rock from Nemo and just wanted any info you guys had to offer.

My advice is keep them away from anything you don't want them on because they spread FAST! I don't feed mine at all, the water parameters are going to be the same as most other soft corals, they don't need anything special.

Mine are doing worse than anything else in the tank. My crabs won't let the rock with the GSP on it sit right side up for more than an hour, though. That might be a problem. . .

Just um...don't plant them in your flower garden. They'll live through just about anything else. Give them good flow so algae doesn't grow up over the mat if you ever start having issues with algae. That's the only issue I've ever had with mine.

If you ever have hair algae growing on the mat then gently scrub it with a soft tooth brudh and your good as new.

I just put mine in the middle of the tank on the bottom. Its not near anything but they haven't open up since they got home is that normal. I have had the lights off to make it a little more comfortable or should I cut my lights on?

I might suggest that you would want to keep it more towards that top for easier removal. They like to grow alot. Just a suggestion.

REEF1973 I wish had some sps to trade all I have is some dry goods to trade. iAHVE

Trade for it???? I give that stuff away as a pest...You want some? Take all you want from me.....It is worse that Kudzu! Kill all GSP!

well washowi I will take all of yours if you are serious let me know!!!!!!!!!!!

Do Peppermint Shrimp Eat Gsp? I Found My Peppermint Shrimp On Top Of My Gsp Last Night And Was Wondering Would He Need To Be Removed Or Was He Just Exploring The New Addition To The Tank.

Nothing except maybe huma huma triggers or parrot fish bother star polyps. I'm pretty sure they're toxic.

I hear in well established tanks GSP becomes a HUGE problem such as Todds apparently. Still awefully pretty and I just put a sprig in my tank. I do recommend keeping it away from a main rock structure to be safe though.

I take care of my problem just like I do with zoas. Put a rock on it

Back