linda lee

Market
Reaction score
Who has one?
Brand name?
Link?
Pros?
Cons?

We bought one, but instructions say nothing about calibration. I don't know if it's accurate or not.

I have the
a> and love it.  There is a calibration screw on either the back or the bottom.  Although it has a +-2% tolerance, I have found it to be right on.  My incoming is usually 45ppm and outgoing is 0ppm.

I see the calibration screw on the back I guess you would just submerge the leads in some kind of fluid to calibrate?

I have the same meter and love it also, I have 35-45 incoming and 0-4 output.I'm not sure what to calibrate it with but I know some of our sponsors are using it and swear by it.
I wonder if you could test it with distilled water?!?

They are very good. I've had one for years and it is right on the money. Incoming is ~50 and when output hits 1 it's time to change the DI.

kwl1763;299996 wrote: They are very good. I've had one for years and it is right on the money. Incoming is ~50 and when output hits 1 it's time to change the DI.

Change the DI resin or the carbon blosck/sediments? I have always wondered what is an appropriate schedule for replacing the various components. I have about 70 TDS incoming on average.

I too have one of those inline TDS meters. Cons? non that I can think of. I think they are relatively cheap, easy to install, good on battery life, and accurate.

But the question remains how can one feel comfortable that it is correctly calibrated from the factory?

Should the outflow probe be calibrated in distilled water or something?

Seedless Reefer;300013 wrote: But the question remains how can one feel comfortable that it is correctly calibrated from the factory?

Should the outflow probe be calibrated in distilled water or something?

I would do it that way. If you know the brand, a quick Google Search might net you the instructions from the manufacturer's website.
Dave

If you have new DI resin and have recently changed your prefilters on your RO and your membrane is not over a couple years old the it can be reasonably assumed you have zero TDS coming out. That's how I calibrate mine.

If it is off by one or two so be it.

Back