Insanity

No way in hell. Slow growing, difficult to frag, pain in the ass to keep.....

btw,I thought it was a gsp/clove of some sort when I first looked at it until I saw the name....still a hard pass from me bye Felicia
See - most of my corals I don't buy to frag them. Some, yes. Most, no.

I agree with @hzheng33 for the same reasons. I first thought it was cloves or star polyps. Even so, wasn’t impressed with the colors (but no offense, that’s just me). Then I saw the name, and realized it’s a potential hard challenge and a slow grower... so I’ll pass too.

But I’m honestly curious what the appeal is for this coral? What do y’all love about this? If this was a $25 retail coral, what would make you think “OMG this is freaking awesome! It’s worth at least $500-1000 per frag”? I’d love to hear your insight!

This looks like some cheap green goni frag that hasn't even colored up yet that someone took a pic in all blues, photoshopped the colors, made a fancy name, and jacked up the price. Sounds very familiar with corals these days. LOL. Hard pass.

This looks like some cheap green goni frag that hasn't even colored up yet that someone took a pic in all blues, photoshopped the colors, made a fancy name, and jacked up the price. Sounds very familiar with corals these days. LOL. Hard pass.
That’s the thing though. I don’t buy until I’ve seen it in person. If it didn’t look like that, or similar, I wouldn’t buy it. That’s why I’ve quit buying based on photos.

I’m still sincerely curious what some of you see in this that I don’t? To me, it looks like a normal small pinkish/brownish goni with hints of green and purple. At my old LFS, I’d probably put this on the $15 or $20 frag rack.

I’d be more impressed if it was bright gold with red centers, had long 6-10” tentacles, was bioflourescent, had curly spiraled polyps, or other unique feature. Then, I’d post the price as $100-300 or maybe more...

I can’t see what y’all see in this that makes it worth $800. But I want to. Everyone has their own perspective, and I’d love to see yours.

I guess the fascination could be that it didn't look like standard goni. I wouldn't pay that much. I prefer this little guy I got at Nemos. Not the best picture but blue tip on right.
092a57282d32288a8aa78f2aceb41dc6.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I guess the fascination could be that it didn't look like standard goni. I wouldn't pay that much. I prefer this little guy I got at Nemos. Not the best picture but blue tip on right.
092a57282d32288a8aa78f2aceb41dc6.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
that plate coral is beautiful.

I agree. I love gonis but I cannot see why this sucker costs so much.
But gonis, torches, acros....its all the same game

I think some of the price increase in torches, gonis, etc comes due to the fact that they're some of the slower growers. I watched a video from Tidal Gardens saying they don't really grow euphyllia because they're prone to bacteria/die off. So I could see a higher price. Is this high? Yes. But I don't really care about price if it's something I want. If I want it bad enough I'm going to get it.

I think it’s more of what the market will support. $1600 for a head of Cruz lineage holy grail is a lot to me but there’s a waiting list so maybe it’s priced too low?
The thing with these gonis is that they haven’t been around very long and are still commanding a higher price. I think it’s a lot of hype, a little bit of ego, and too much disposable income, lol.

In the end if the supply is low the demand is higher, and the price will go up. If someone likes the coral and they have the money they are gonna get it

TSM aquatics has a fish called a masked angel, labeled as blemished due to :please note that this fish has erosion on the left side of its face and a slight curvature to its spine. It is otherwise healthy and swims normally.

Price tag is $12,000. I guess for some money is not an obstacle...

Back