installing baffles in new sump

roundman

Market
Reaction score
I know to install the center baffle first but my question is how do you get the silicone down the inside of the outer 2 baffles? they are 1" apart and my fat meat hooks can't reach all the way to the bottom of the tank to seal both sides.
Any help appreciated

Just run a bead of silicone where you want the baffle and slide the baffle into place. THen use a popsicle stick to reach in between the baffles to smooth it out. It won't be the prettiest sump, but it should hold.

You can also use a bead of hot glue to set each baffle. Just make sure you cover the hot glue totally with silicone. Good luck!

First I cut two small pieces of plexi that are 1"x2.2" and silicon them as braces for the middle divider so it can rest on them. Then I silicon in the two outer dividers while I can get my hands between the baffles. Finally I run a bead of silicon where the center divider willbe. I then put in the center divider which rests on the 1"x2.2" braces. That way it will never slide down and gives it something to rest on while the silicon cures. I use the eraser end of the pencil to smooth it out.

I also wear nitrile or latex gloves... it will save you a TON of cleanup and mess.

You can clean them with a toothbrush tied to a stick if they are 1". I wouldn't waste valuable space (unless you already have a huge sump) on baffle space.

Back