Intro

r33f_Hack3r

Supporting
Reaction score
Hey Reefers,

I recently moved to Peachtree City from Miami Beach. Been on the water all my life. A LOT of diving, offshore fishing and boating. Got into reefing August of last year. Drove up from MIA w/ my 40 gal tank of fish and corals all broken down in coolers with pumps and temp gauges all around my car. Was an experience to say the least! All livestock made to their new home well. At the end of Feb I bought a established 90 gal tank with a good stock of corals mostly zoas and mushrooms. Everything has been going great w my addiction to reefing :cool: . I am looking to sell or trade some of the zoa, mushrooms and leathers to make room new pieces. Also have a gladiator clown that needs a new home as he is getting picked on. PM me or look out for my post in sale/trade forum.

Got introduced to ARC by @reefersroyale . I Needed some help fixing the bulkheads on my 90 and he came through and did a fantastic job for a great price. All around extremely knowledgable awesome dude. highly recommended

Looking to stock tank w some more fish. I am open to suggestions. Looking for a few nice sized colorful, unique fish that can be good members of the community.
This is what I have so far.

- Sailfin tang
- coral beauty
4 clowns (2 gladiators, 2 ocellaris)
- pink spot goby and tiger pistol shrimp
- yasha goby
- orchid dotty
3 Chromis
ornate leopard wrasse

Cheers thanks for reading.

Attachments

• Tank1.jpeg
    Tank1.jpeg
    395.4 KB · Views: 15
Welcome!! Miami to Peachtree is a big change! How are you liking it so far? How were you able to keep all your corals and fish warm enough during the drive?

Welcome!! Miami to Peachtree is a big change! How are you liking it so far? How were you able to keep all your corals and fish warm enough during the drive?
I dig it, just getting used not having so many options of things to do at any hour. I had three styrofoam coolers - one for fish and other 2 for coral and rock. two usb air pumps with a bunch of splitters. temp gauges in each cooler. temp was stable from Mia to my friends in Statesboro. Once I got there I put the coolers in the house w/ a blanket over them and next to a floor air vent kicking heat out. Once I got to PTC threw in some heaters while I got the tank going. Used new live sand, 50% old water and 50% new water.

I dig it, just getting used not having so many options of things to do at any hour. I had three styrofoam coolers - one for fish and other 2 for coral and rock. two usb air pumps with a bunch of splitters. temp gauges in each cooler. temp was stable from Mia to my friends in Statesboro. Once I got there I put the coolers in the house w/ a blanket over them and next to a floor air vent kicking heat out. Once I got to PTC threw in some heaters while I got the tank going. Used new live sand, 50% old water and 50% new water.
Nice!!! Good planning you did!

That is elaborate man, it almost sounds like you know what you’re doing 😂 I’m glad it all transferred well. Moving a tank is not an easy task!

Thanks! Yeah, big change for sure. After living in Miami all your life the quiet life can be amusing for a while. Negative on delta... just a old school technolgy security nerd here.
Oh ok. well, welcome to the club and Ga. I know a few people that moved up from Miami to Peachtree City, they really enjoyed the cost of living change. The quiet life will take some time adjusting.

Back