Iodine Dip for Flat Worms, CAN I DIP A CLAM?

dakota9

Market
Reaction score
OK, now that I got your attention, I KNOW I can <u>NOT </u>dip a clam (I read Denise's woe's on this topic), but from the rest of my stock list, can you tell me of anything else that should not be dipped.

Suncoral
Dendros/Duncans
Assorted leathers (Cabbage, Finger, Toastool)
Xenia (assorted)
Zoas
Mushrooms
Candy Cane
Hammer

I'd like to dip the liverock and cheato too, but think that's probably a bad idea because of the macro fauna (bristle worms, pods and starfish) and micro fauna (bacteria)that I might kill could start an ammonia cycle in the tank.

Thank you for any in-put you may have. The dippin' will start around 8pm tonight.

You CAN dip a clam but only AFTER adding a tang to your nano. :D

Has the dipping commenced? Good luck!

I have you know that thankfully my clam lived. I will never dip a clam again! And I would never recommend anyone dip a clam.

Now Stacy, I did dip a clam, like a complete bone head. Apparently I failed reefing 101. Thankfully the clam lived, even though it took at least a month before he looked healthy again.

stacy22;306862 said:
You CAN dip a clam but only AFTER adding a tang to your nano. :D
Sweet! I'm looking to add a sailfan, achilles, and maybe a naso to my 10g nano, with a radiata lion and a few eels. Good to know I can dip the 3 gigas clams before I put them in...

twocute2b4u;306868 wrote: Now Stacy, I did dip a clam, like a complete bone head. Apparently I failed reefing 101. Thankfully the clam lived, even though it took at least a month before he looked healthy again.

I know. I remember. :sad: I was totally joking.

I'm glad that your clam recovered. Did you ever post updated pictures? I think I need to get a clam. :yes:

I know you were :) Its all good :)

I need to post updated pics because he looks really good. However the tank looks really poor and crowded. We are upgrading to a 72 so as soon as we get the new tank stocked with the existing livestock we will post more pics.

twocute2b4u;306877 wrote: I know you were :) Its all good :)

I need to post updated pics because he looks really good. However the tank looks really poor and crowded. We are upgrading to a 72 so as soon as we get the new tank stocked with the existing livestock we will post more pics.

Hm........ Do I since another tank going on the market soon?

Seriously, I decided to nap, just woke up, and commencin' with the dippin'

Is their anything on the above list I should leave out?

You CAN dip a clam, but only once and preferably in batter and garlic...

Robb

Back