Is anyone running 20k's

drnecropolis

Market
Reaction score
If you are what type and pretty please some pics..

I am trying to decide if I want to switch K when I change bulbs

2 x250's XM 20ks single ended in Lumenarc reflectors over a 75gallon reef.

Good growth rates (at least I think so).

Yeah, when it is time to change I will be going to Radium 20k's from my Phoenix. I really really like the color of them. I have a Solana though so I am not as concerned about growth as you might be.

IamRit;283912 wrote: Ensley, I'm currently running the XM 20K. Fixing to switch everything over to the Radium 20K. I'll let you know how it turns out. I'm expecting an improvement. Reeffarmers.com use pretty much the radium too.
Sweetness! keep me up to speed...I still have around 4 months left with these, just an idea Im tossing around.....

You had it close.. Its Ansley lol:lol2:

Just FYI, you probably wont get much out of pics. Aquarium lighting is so tough to photograph as we see it. I would go by recommendations, or visit some tanks yourself to see what you like.

Derek_S;283917 wrote: Just FYI, you probably wont get much out of pics. Aquarium lighting is so tough to photograph as we see it. I would go by recommendations, or visit some tanks yourself to see what you like.
Good Point

I just fired up two 250w Blueline 14K SE and they are blue as can be.

I Like blue and the shimmer but 20K would probably be way to blue for me I believe.

What watt? If 250 go with 14k Phoenix more PAR then a 20k but still nice color. If 400 go with Helios 20k or Radium.

I do not like Radiums run on PFO HQI ballasts not blue enough. I have two barely used ones if you want to buy them or borrow one and give it a try.

Joe

sailfish;283928 wrote: What watt? If 250 go with 14k Phoenix more PAR then a 20k but still nice color. If 400 go with Helios 20k or Radium.

I do not like Radiums run on PFO HQI ballasts not blue enough. I have two barely used ones if you want to buy them or borrow one and give it a try.

Joe
Yeah they are 250's
Thanks for the offer, but I am running SE bulbs..

What bulb are you running now? Have you thought about grabbing the new Phoenix 14k SE bulb? It may be quite a bit bluer than what you have.

thedeper;283932 wrote: What bulb are you running now? Have you thought about grabbing the new Phoenix 14k SE bulb? It may be quite a bit bluer than what you have.
I gambled on some cheap bulbs when I bought my batwings... They look great and getting some respectable growth out of them from reefopticslighting.com

I looked around a little today and could not find the SE phoenix's

This is all you my man...
a>

Back