Is anyone using a Seaclone skimmer????

jason sartain

Market
Reaction score
I just bought my 2nd 75 g tank today and it has one of these skimmers on it and I can't get it to "foam" into the cup,I've tried cleaning and ajusting the air intake but it still doesn't work,any ideas?????
BTW I will be posting pictures soon of the new tank and probably be selling or trading some very nice mushrooms as this tank is completely covered with at least 400!!!! :wow2: :wow2: mushrooms that are up to 4" in diameter.:wow2: :wow2:

Just since this morning, so I should give it some time, How long should it take? And is it a good skimmer or not? Iv'e got a corallife super skimmer125 on my other tank and I like the way it operates and this Saeclone looks about half the size of my other one.

Barbara;169783 wrote: I read somewhere that someone recommended removing the "stock" air intake and using a different one.

i did that and it worked very well. just go get some airline tubing and an air valve from petsmart and you will have foam in no time

Most people consider it the ottom of the line. I used one on my 75 gallon for about 2 years and I never had a nitrate reading of more than 10. I had a pretty lightly stocked tank though. It seemed to do a good job for me but I would never buy another one.

Thanks guys I think I'll get another super skimmer when I start stocking it with fish, right now it is completly full of purple and green mushrooms.

Back