Is it Green Bubble Algae

gclackum

Supporting
Reaction score
Is this the start of green bubble algae? It is the size of a nickle. It is the only spot I see. It’s on the side of a rock bottom of my 125. If it’s bubble algae how do I kill it NOW?

Attachments

• 2D7254FC-FC33-4E4A-9934-4DA17657FA62.jpeg
    2D7254FC-FC33-4E4A-9934-4DA17657FA62.jpeg
    217.1 KB · Views: 18
Ya thats bubble algae Don't worry to much It isn't so bad. If you can take the rock out of the tank do it. Thern scrape the bubble algae off and [ut it back in the tank. If you can not remove it just reach in and scrape it off with a your fingernail and let your filter socks catch it

Yeah I would not freak about this one, maybe if you are siphoning off water use the end of the hose to scrap and suck these guys out. Buy and emerald crab and it may eat this.

I agree with AWarnick, an emerald grab may eat this. Some people say it spreads if you burst the bubble, but I have never found this to be true on my end.

If it's the first bit of it you've seen I will disagree with the crowd and say go nuclear. If possible remove the rock scrape clean and hit it with peroxide. I have it, and most everyone does. It's not a big deal most of the time but if you are still in a stage that you can actually eliminate it then do so.

Definitely bubble algae. Emerald crabs love those but be careful some of them develop an appetite for corals.

Back