is part of this dead

ckwatson

Market
Reaction score
Is some of this dead and if so should i cut it off to save the rest of the coral/the tank.

IMG_2982Small.jpg
alt="" />

They just looked pissed off to me. You can do a 30sec-1min FW dip(assuming you can remove the coral) that may help and will kill any possible zoa enemies.

I am guessing that the FW dip would be in RO/Di water. I put them in last night so I should be able to get them off if it is something that would really help them.

If you just put them in last night, I would give them a bit. They look like they are getting used to their new environment.

They do not look very healthy to me. If they are isolated as they appear to be (not close to anything else) they should not hurt anything if they die. Now if they have some type of pest (Nudis, spiders, etc.) then you may have a problem.

yeah some of them are starting to open up but i am worried about the one on top that are closed tight and the out side is a much different color. will it turn more brown as it gets used to the tank they are near the bottom of my 24" deep tank. I am running 4x36w T5s it is a 46 gallon tank

leave them be for now. when you put zoas in a new tank they will often stay closed like the top one in your picture. i've had some take 5 or 6 days to open up in the past.

the only thing that bothers me about the picture is that thing ontop of the closed up zoa it looks weird. But since you did just put them in I would leave them alone for a day or two.

Back