Is Something Wrong With These Shrooms

basscyn

Market
Reaction score
They are normally very full and round. But the last few days they seem to be kind of wrinkley and curled up. I had them in a high spot in my tank and though maybe it was too light so I moved them to the bottom last night. They dont seem any better. I have a few more of these in the tank that seem fine. Its just these on this rock that seem to be un happy.

My water parm.
Nitrates-0
Nitrites-0
Ammonia-0
Calcium-380
Phosphates 0.5
PH-8.2 (this has gradually been dropping for the last 6 weeks. On 5/2 it was 8.5. On 5/25 it was 8.4. FWIW.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

maybe just stressed from the move? maybe adjusting to the new lighting since you have moved them?

But thats the way they looked WHEN I moved them. Thats WHY I moved them. They have been in that high spot for a month...no problem.

hmm...:huh:

Thanks!

Ok...I am just a nervous new father I guess.
I'll keep an eye on em.

Thanks!

Oh yeah...I for got the pics.

No worries????
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
190266=11509-DSC04148.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
190266=11509-DSC04148.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="DSC04148.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
190266=11510-DSC04149.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
190266=11510-DSC04149.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="DSC04149.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

o ok i mis read what you typed.....yeah i have a few shrooms that do that every now and then maybe just a bad day haha i dunno give it some time

BNeal;190315 wrote: i had some mushrooms that did that for weeks and all of a sudden they started to stretch out again. Now there are more than ever

Thats encouraging! Hopefully I will see these do the same
Thanks!

;) Hmm...ok...its only been a few days but they dont look any better. Maybe even worse.
I guess all I can do is wait!!!

Am I suppose to feed these guys anything? I have been adding weekly doses of "Marine Snow" plankton diet. Should I try to find some live plankton or something?

Just worried...I want to do something. Waiting it out is killin me.

As you recomened Charlie...one day per week or a weekender at the most. I have considered waiting longer till I see my nitrates move off of zero.

Got a sensable tip from a guy at the Aviarium. I read where Iodine is a good supplement for shrooms...so I went to get some. I have been adding a kent product "Essential Elements" weekly. He suggested that since I do regular water changes with quality salt and only have a few softies in my tank that are not pulling a lot of nutrients, I may be overdosing as it is. He did not sell me iodine (which is already in the kent product) and recomended continuing the water changes and back off the dosing for a while and see what happens!

Makes sense to me! But then again, <u>you</u> guys could explain to me the benfits of taking a piss in my tank...and that would make sense to me too!
:yikes:
Whatayathink?

Back