Is this a hydrogen sulfide pocket?

tonymission

Market
Reaction score
991577=56850-ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413415194.925968.jpg
>
991577=56850-ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413415194.925968.jpg
class="gc-images" title="ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413415194.925968.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:400px" /></a>

I haven't stirred my sand bed lately and usually I try to remove a decent amount of sand during every water change... going for more of a shallow bed.

I'm seeing these bubbles on one part of my SB and wondering if I can just siphon all that out without causing a problem in my tank.

Likely just nitrogen. I get them all the time. Run your fingers through the sandbed and you'll be fine.

It's probably not an issue. Sand is too shallow for that much decomposition to happen. The handful of times I've heard tell of that happening was when somebody had a gnarly deep sand bed that had layers of black and green and all kinds of gross in it.

Jenn

JennM;991618 wrote: It's probably not an issue. Sand is too shallow for that much decomposition to happen. The handful of times I've heard tell of that happening was when somebody had a gnarly deep sand bed that had layers of black and green and all kinds of gross in it.

Jenn

Ok sounds good. It's the one spot in my sandbed that is a little nastier looking which is why I asked. My diamond goby generally does a good job of turning it over.

Back