Is this cornbread guy growing mushrooms??

grouper therapy

Supporting
Reaction score
And I don't mean the saltwater type. lIs this guy really getting the prices he has posted?

One of my pet peeves in the hobby, name chasers paying $$$$. I'm a visual buyer. I buy a coral based on appearance not the name associated with it.

His website prices are high but you can get some reasonable prices on e-bay & Facebook auctions. Whats of his are you looking at, I am bringing some of his acro and milli frags to the Expo.

Genesis;1077404 wrote: One of my pet peeves in the hobby, name chasers paying $$$$. I'm a visual buyer. I buy a coral based on appearance not the name associated with it.

While most name corals are expensive, many of them are very colorful.

LSU_fishFan;1077407 wrote: While most name corals are expensive, many of them are very colorful.
I am colorful and I am not cheap either. Hehehehe

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

dball711;1077405 wrote: His website prices are high but you can get some reasonable prices on e-bay & Facebook auctions. Whats of his are you looking at, I am bringing some of his acro and milli frags to the Expo.
Nothing in particular was just looking. How does his corals look under a regular 16 to 20 k light?

rdnelson99;1077408 wrote: I am colorful and I am not cheap either. Hehehehe

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Yes you are and yes you are. French's guy not Grey poupon

grouper therapy;1077409 wrote: Nothing in particular was just looking. How does his corals look under a regular 16 to 20 k light?

Most of his pictures are oversaturated but really not too far off color wise (I have only bought acros & Millis). I have my SPS under an ATI 6 bulb unit with mostly Blue+ and they look pretty good, close to his color but less saturation. I'll have some at the expo so if your there you can see for yourself.

just another reason to buy from fellow reefers.:) I don't remember the last time I bought an expensive coral onlne.

Sellers like Cornbred are nothing like the average hobbyist. Admittedly, for what changes hands for signature finds & pieces I kinda understand - for some this is their living.

But realize, they buy in at a totally different part of the supply chain & get to cherry pick stuff before it could ever get within a light-year of somewhere we could get it. Then post eye-searing pics taken under such over-actinic setups (and I'm talking Smurf-esque levels) overdriven to the point that I'D probably fluoresce. The better ones just oversaturate... the less so will Photoshop. Good luck telling the two apart before the first time you're fleeced. ;)

It makes reef clubs all the more valuable in my eyes... the rant above is what the entire hobby would look like by now if named corals from named sellers were the norm and reefers didn't sell to each other for pennies/dimes on the dollar. Let the boutique/LE crowd have the high-end - I'd much rather not contemplate hari-kari if my frogspawn dies back some or a frag of zoas melt away.

Grouper-therapy: if CB got what CB asked for on the limited edition pieces even ONCE, you can bet the seller'll ask for it again. ;)

Back