is this good???

dvara78

Market
Reaction score
Is this type of algae any good?

It is starting to grow on some rocks and if it's not good then how do i get rid of it without scrubbing the rocks?

364031004_9743de0a4a.jpg

That's bubble algae mate! Pluck them off as you see them and make sure your water quality is in check.

Some say emerald crabs eat it as well. I believe it, as I have seen them do it.

Mine used to eat it. I picked up 3 in my 75G and that, along with me picking it out occasionally, got rid of it in a month or so.

Also, just an FYI, don't let them pop as you pull them out. You'll release the spores (For lack of the correct term) and they will grow even more.

Tyler

In my opinion, I think the spore thing is a myth. Several others of us have popped them with no breakouts (and the emeralds pop them too). But better safe than sorry, for sure.

That red algae is a nightmare almost impossible to get rid of ive had it forever it never really gets outta control in my tank but a pain in the neck to mess with its like Goo when it pops.

I had one, long time ago, like a month after I started my tank. didn't really pay attention to it as I knew what it was and it was only one small thing. I actually had to pop it to get it off the rock. I was worried about an outbreak but after a while never saw it again. now recently I have another one, about the same spot. I think the spore thing is false but like derek said, better safte than sorry

ace1204;273081 wrote: That red algae is a nightmare almost impossible to get rid of ive had it forever it never really gets outta control in my tank but a pain in the neck to mess with its like Goo when it pops.

AMEN!!!!

Back