Is this mushroom hungry?

cruisaire

Market
Reaction score
A nice little mushroom that I'd like to feed, if necessary. Is he/she/it asking for food by this mouth opening exhibition?

Picture035.jpg
>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/cruisaire/Soft%20Corals/Picture035.jpg</a>

I put a portion of a frozen cube in with the pump and power head off. I tried to feed near the mouth. No idea if it worked.

After I read this post, I notice my umbrella mushroom did the same thing. I dissolved some mysis and injected it with a dropper. It definately took it in. I never thought of target feeding shrooms.

Ha no thats not good, I wish the red and green ones grew as fast as the Hairy ones. I'd be rich!

i think that it opens it pouth because it is going to split i could be wrong but thats what i have read

Maroons16;43065 wrote: Ha no thats not good, I wish the red and green ones grew as fast as the Hairy ones. I'd be rich!

You know, I think they spread less quickly with high lighting and clean water

No, I think you missunderstood me. I meant the red and green ones (especially the green) don't multiply as fast with high lighting and clean water. Since I upgraded to T5's I don't think my green striped mushrooms have split at all.

wbholwell;43069 wrote: You know, I think they spread less quickly with high lighting and clean water

Well, there's 2 things I must be doing wrong! My 36 watts of PC and 20% a week WC's in the pico are slowin' my shrooms up, aarrgghhh!!

Why do it? In 4 years of reefing and 100's of shrooms in my tank, I have never fed on in my life....when you feed the tank everybody gets some.....

Unless you are only feeding once a week or every 3 days like some I know.;)

Tank feed 2 twice a day and everybody is happy.

These are still growing, must be enough food source and light in there.

Picture012.jpg
>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/cruisaire/Soft%20Corals/Picture012.jpg</a>

There mushrooms, you cannot kill them. In fact I want to try putting one in a blender on dice and see if they survive. If so Mushrooms for everyone. Don't tell my mom I put it in her blender though! :)

reef1973;42261 wrote: Robert looks like she wanting to be feed. See if she will takes a mysis shrimp.

I have fed it once more. It (and the others) are doing very well! The greens found nice rock and stuck themselves there. The blues are exploding! The purple/maroons have blue specks like a Superman.

Back