Is this normal?

rk4435

Market
Reaction score
I've never seen this happen, is it pooping or is something bad about to happen?
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
972810=55233-image.jpg
>
972810=55233-image.jpg
class="gc-images" title="image.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Very hard to see in the photo, the Rusty Angel seems interested in eating it. It looks almost whit in the pic but it was much darker.

A little closer.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
972812=55234-image.jpg
>
972812=55234-image.jpg
class="gc-images" title="image.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

It's doing something, that's for sure! Pooping, eating, something like that is my guess.

I will tell you that I thought something was seriously wrong with one of my LPS recently (Acanthastrea enchinata.. Is LPS right?) and then I realized what I thought was it's flesh melting off was just a gob of stringy goo that was an orange and yellow ricordea a few hours earlier. The acan was fine.

Should look normal tomorrow if eating or pooping.

I'd say it's pooping. Do you give it meaty foods?

The angel is a risk with this type of fleshy coral. Look for the angel to nip at it, you'll see it recede around the edges first and the corallites will show. If that's the case, one or the other will have to go.

But the brown goo - that's poop.

Jenn

Thanks guys. I've never seen the Angel nip at anything yet, but he was interested in the poop secretion. I do broadcast feed mysis two times per week. I gave up on target feeding because it always led to fish jumping on coral to get it.

Back