I've got eggs!!!

gordob

Market
Reaction score
I was checking out my office tank yesterday, and noticed my (I believe False Perc) Clowns were acting strange. They were being very protective over their normal hangout, so I looked around that area, and noticed that I have baby Clownfish on a rock! Very cool!

I want to keep them alive, but am I going to be able to? Can anyone give me some pointers please? What should I do?

They are the only fish in a 20 gallon. I have some corals (softies and leathers), but the only inverts are some snails and crabs.

Thanks,
Brad

congrats man! From what i hear it's pretty difficult to raise them. But being the only fish in the tank that might give you the upper edge. But I think i remember seeing somewhere that a specific flow is required. Might be wrong tho. Try google, I'm sure the answer is there :) Good luck man!

Thanks man. I appreciate it!

By the way....the lights look great on the tank! Thanks again!

- Brad

awesome man, glad they worked out for ya. I know they are kinda shotty looking, but they work, and thats all that counts ;)

Sweet! Good luck with yours! I really hope I can get mine to live.

- Brad

Yeah....I found a great link on Reef Central, but it sounds like quite an undertaking. From what I've read though, they are extremely regular, and once they've spawned the first time, they will continue to do that every 15 or so days.

I'll have to check out your pics when I get home. (Filter blocks them here.)

- Brad

Mine are on a vertical face of one of my rocks....a bit in a cave. Good luck. I hope yours will spawn for you soon!

- Brad

yeah for real, blow some of that magic over here! Tho one of my maroons is a GS and the other is a WS....I wonder if that will hinder the egg laying?

Hmnnnn....good question. It's funny, because this tank is by no means in pristine condition. It's my office tank, so I don't have as much time to devote to it as my home tank. I guess I'm doing something right though!

gordo...you should check out this thread on RC....i didnt read the whole thing but its got a cool video and shows how the guys has the clowns spawn onto a tile and then removes the tile from the tank.....pretty cool

showthread.php

Back