IVS Portal Viewer

hiimsean

Supporting
Reaction score
I bought this product in early 2014 so I've had quite a while of experience with it. I enjoyed this product while I had it in my tank I removed it a few months back to give the glass a good cleaning and just never put it back. I was picking up some extra equipment and went to move the portal when I noticed the inside scrubbing part had some buldges. Upon further inspection the seals had come apart and what I assume was the magnet was completely rusted and crumbling apart. IMO this is real crappy design for something that is suppose to remain in your aquarium. Didn't even last 2 years. IMO, stay away from these. I am going to email the company and see what they say.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
fieldset>

I remember reading that someone else had a similar issue with the seal breaking

I had the same thing happen. They have a one year warranty and my replacement was covered

I just emailed them so we'll see how they respond. I'm not sure if I'd put a replacement in my tank. I'd rather have my $80 back.

Got an email mid-day just asking for proof of purchase, nothing else. Go figure. Like I said, I don't want a replacement as I wouldn't put one back in my tank.

I didn't use mine much longer after I got the new inside piece. Same design it appears.

I think mine has been in my tank almost 2 years now. I take it our for a vinegar cleaning twice a year, no signs of wear so far.

Back