Jabao DCP return pump ?

snowmansnow

Market
Reaction score
has anyone had extended experience with these pumps? They are cheap, as is are most things Jabao, but a return pump isn't something I want wigging out on me.
anyone?
Thanks..

Great for the money so far. The wife runs a 3000 on her 55 goldfish tank with a 40 breeder sump. Running a ehoppes 600 gph over flow tuned it with a ball valve and running it around half speed. Been going over 6 months with zero issues after initial setup. Tuning was a bit finiky but I blame that on the ball valve instead of a true gate valve.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Great for the money so far. The wife runs a 3000 on her 55 goldfish tank with a 40 breeder sump. Running a ehoppes 600 gph over flow tuned it with a ball valve and running it around half speed. Been going over 6 months with zero issues after initial setup. Tuning was a bit finiky but I blame that on the ball valve instead of a true gate valve.

thanks,
does the output vary up and down? I've read a few things that say DC pumps cause levels in the sump to rise and fall, which would be a real issue for an ATO

It as to hold steady from what I can tell. If I ever get around to redoing the plumbing im going to switch to a gate valve instead of a ball valve. I couldn't find a source for 1 inch ones locally it was a quarentine project

It as to hold steady from what I can tell. If I ever get around to redoing the plumbing im going to switch to a gate valve instead of a ball valve. I couldn't find a source for 1 inch ones locally it was a quarentine project

no valves at all here on my return. i keep it wicked simple :)

I had over two years on two DCP-18000's and a 5000 before I shut down. I didn't experience any fast flow changes. Fast being weekly or daily. Like with all pumps, over time the flow will slowly reduce as flim builds up on the impeller. I try to clean the impellers a few times a year. The DCP lne has to be the easiest pump to take apart for cleaning too. No screws.

I have a few of these running with 0 issues including both of my skimmers that use external pumps. I would have no problem recommending them.

I bit went for one of these guys and .. yall are right.. its quiet. BUT I have a question. On the controller it consistently reads 55-65 instead of 100. Is that what it is suppose to do ? I guess i could read the instruction book but Id rather interact with you people haha.

I have a DCP 3000 and a gate valve and it's a little finicky in my opinion, but I'm used to a Reef Octopus Varios 2 for comparison. It doesn't help that I have the eshopps overflow that is naturally noisy so the changes I am noticing may be small.

@snowmansnow - The pump is variable speed, so it can go up or down from there? Mine goes from 30% to 100%, but it's older. Also, when idle mine shows the watts consumed.

I finally made the switch to them on the frag tank I set up a year ago. Very happy with how it's been working out. It's only been a year but if it quit, I'd buy another. Lots of control and I really like the feed mode. I know those things are pretty standard but I've always run Danner Pondmaster's in the past and I'm only now realizing what I've been missing out on.

Back