jabeo dc12000 to much for a 60g cube?

jdw

Reaction score
I am curious. Would the above pump be to strong for a 60g cube? I will have a 29g sump and the return plumbing will be hard plumbed with a few 90's thrown in there.

I think it would be just fine. 100% may be too much but you could turn it down some and just make it last that much longer, and also have the capability to run a manifold for reactors, chiller, etc.

Reactions: jdw
I have a 50g cube and I'm running the jebao DCT4000 along with jebao rw4 powerhead I'm not running eather it at max and have plenty of flow.

I think it'll be a bit much unless you have long runs that add head pressure. Even when turned down there will be a ton of flow and you'll have massive turnovers through the sump.

I think it'll be a bit much unless you have long runs that add head pressure. Even when turned down there will be a ton of flow and you'll have massive turnovers through the sump.
Yeah, I wont have long runs.. maybe 3' horizontally, maybe 4' up, and about 3 90's in the mix.

Yeah, I wont have long runs.. maybe 3' horizontally, maybe 4' up, and about 3 90's in the mix.
I'd say a DCP6500 would be the right size. You'll still have to turn it down but you'll have room if you add a manifold.

IMO, that’s way over powered for the tank. You really want your movement flow within the tank to come from your powerheads, not your return... gotta give the stuff in your sump a chance to do its job.

I have an SCA 50 Gal cube that I’m running a dcp5000 on. I run it at about half power with an MP10 for flow within the tank.

Back