January 7, 2009 BOD meeting minutes

johnr2604

Market
Reaction score
Here are the meeting minutes for the January 7, 2009 meeting minutes

<span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: 15px;">January ARC BOD Meeting</span></span>

<span style="font-family: Arial;">January 7, 2009 Uncle Vito’s NY Pizza</span></em>

<span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">Present: Raj Knight, Jeremy Maneyapanda, John Roberts, Danny Bradley, Jin O.</span></span>

<span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">Meeting started at 7:15 p.m.</span></span>

<span style="font-family: Arial;">Discussion on MACNA Proposals</span>

<span style="font-family: Symbol;">· </span><span style="font-size: 13px;"><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;">There was a Motion to table until later meeting. The motion was seconded and agreed by the majority. </span></span>

<span style="font-family: Arial;">Sponsor Discussion</span>

<span style="font-family: Symbol;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">·</span> </span><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">There was a Motion to allow the Powerbuy Coordinator (Dawgdude) limited access to the PayPal button. The motion was seconded and agreed by majority. </span></span>
<span style="font-family: Symbol;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">·</span> </span><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">Discussion to layout Seachem sponsorship. </span></span>
<span style="font-family: Courier New;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">o</span> </span><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">Want to recognize Seachem for their contributions to the Club. </span></span>
<span style="font-family: Courier New;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">o</span> </span><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">Possibility of banner on forum. </span></span>
<span style="font-family: Courier New;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">o</span> </span><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">Possibility of sponsor home page. </span></span>
<span style="font-family: Symbol;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">·</span> </span><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">Discussion for sponsor rewards. </span></span>
<span style="font-family: Courier New;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">o</span> </span><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">Explore possibility of giving plaques to sponsors. </span></span>
<span style="font-family: Arial;">7:28 p.m., Danny Bradley dumped pizza on the table</span>

<span style="font-family: Arial;">Jin O. proposes welcoming committee</span>

<span style="font-family: Symbol;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">·</span> </span><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">Proposal that ARC create an official welcome committee that will be comprised of affable and friendly individuals to meet, greet and press flesh with any newcomer that attends a meeting. </span></span>
<span style="font-family: Symbol;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">·</span> </span><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">Proposes that this committee be official known as the ARC Welcoming Committee. It will be comprised of strictly of volunteers and anyone willing to help is welcome to do so. Barbara Moser will be the current chair to this committee for the upcoming year and Jin O. will be her assistant. </span></span>
<span style="font-family: Symbol;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">·</span> </span><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">Proposes that we have some sort of welcome basket for new members. </span></span>
<span style="font-family: Courier New;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">o</span> </span><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">Looking for ARC approval in approaching sponsors/venders for donations in regards to gift baskets for new members</span></span>
<span style="font-family: Courier New;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">o</span> </span><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">Also may require limited funding to package gifts. Although, this is not clear at this point, nor may it be necessary. </span></span>
<span style="font-family: Courier New;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">o</span> </span><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">Need to be kept up to date on new members that joined the club the prior month so they can be invited via Private Message. Would also like to be kept up to date on new non-members generated monthly so we can invite them to our meetings/events in order to generate more memberships. </span></span>
<span style="font-family: Symbol;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">·</span> </span><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">Proposal was seconded and agreed by majority. </span></span>
<span style="font-family: Arial;">Jin O. proposes a mentorship program</span>

<span style="font-family: Symbol;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">·</span> </span><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">Proposal that ARC create an official mentorship committee that will be compromised of affable and knowledgeable volunteer mentors. </span></span>
<span style="font-family: Symbol;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">·</span> </span><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">Anyone that wants to be a mentor and help other members out is more than welcome to do so; no one will be turned down. </span></span>
<span style="font-family: Symbol;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">·</span> </span><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">Matching mentors to mentees will be based primarily on distance and also skills set to some degree. This will allow club members to develop better interpersonal relations with those in closer proximity to them. It will also allow for easier emergency assistance if required. </span></span>
<span style="font-family: Courier New;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">o</span> </span><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">BOD discusses and decides that this will only be available to paying members. </span></span>
<span style="font-family: Symbol;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">·</span> </span><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">Motion seconded and agreed by majority. </span></span>

<span style="font-family: Arial;">Raj proposes Jin O. be a new sponsor coordinator</span>

<span style="font-family: Symbol;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">·</span> </span><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">Jin O. will assist Mike Uffret as sponsor coordinator. </span></span>
<span style="font-family: Symbol;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">·</span> </span><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">Seconded and agreed by majority. </span></span>

<span style="font-family: Arial;">Frag Meeting</span>

<span style="font-family: Symbol;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">·</span> </span><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">Going off of last years attendance, it was decided to plan on 250 people and keep budget relatively the same as last year. </span></span>
<span style="font-family: Symbol;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">·</span> </span><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">It was decided to allot $2,500.00 ($2,000.00 for frags and $500.00 for incidentals). </span></span>
<span style="font-family: Symbol;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">·</span> </span><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">It was decided that we would need 500-700 frags and cups. </span></span>
<span style="font-family: Symbol;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">·</span> </span><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">It was also discussed that we wanted to provide more hardy corals for a better survival rate, such as Birds Nest, Zoas, and Monticaps.</span></span>
<span style="font-family: Symbol;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">·</span> </span><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">The motion was seconded and agreed by majority. </span></span>

<span style="font-family: Arial;">Motion to get new wireless setup or new MIC Cable</span>

<span style="font-family: Symbol;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">·</span> </span><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">Jeremy is exploring the possibility of having one to donate. </span></span>

<span style="font-family: Arial;">Meeting called at 9:00 p.m.</span></em>

johnr2604;276401 wrote: <span style="font-family: Arial">7:28 p.m., Danny Bradley dumped pizza on the table</span>

:lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::up:

<span style="font-family: Times New Roman"><span style="font-size: 13px">
Jeremy Maneyapanda....Jin O
</span></span>
<span style="font-family: Times New Roman"><span style="font-size: 13px">So are those their real last names? Haha</span></span>
<span style="font-family: Times New Roman"><span style="font-size: 13px"></span></span>

Derek_S;276535 wrote:
<span style="font-family: Times New Roman"><span style="font-size: 13px">So are those their real last names? Haha</span></span>

Yes, that is my real last name. Thanks for ridculing it. Whats the matter with you?

What does owned mean?

I thought it was a ligitimate question...?

Is it really? Is Jin's last name just a letter? I was thinking I heard his whole last name once.

open mouth, insert....

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2144/1893985742_bf18888eb0.jpg?v=0" alt="" />

(don'tcha wish sometimes that the [B]edit/delete[/B] feature lasted more than 15 minutes?)

:blush:

personally, I think it is very disrespectful & insulting to make fun of someone's name. I would think you guys owe a few apologies.

Derek_S;276555 wrote: good lord

And I expected to get a straight answer.

close, but how about.........I'm sorry.

(obviously, it sounds like you didn't mean any "ill will", but it still "came across" that way. )

Sorry for what? Inquiring about someones name?

If I said my name was Derek Sassaskerinkidink would you not expect someone to inquire if it was for real? Maneyapanda and O would both be extremely unusual names to me, and I have traveled to many places all over the world.

And when did "haha" become the universal internet term for ridicule? So if I say, "nice tank pics, haha!" I have just insulted that person?

Well, this turned into a great thread, haha. Maybe next time I will say, Is that your real name, lol," since LOL is the accepted internet term.

Anyways, Jin and Jeremy, due to the outrageos respose of some sensitive folk here...

I publicly castrate myself on the reef club floor, and apoligize if my inquiry about your surnames has offended you.

I also apologize if the apology seemed humerous and/or fecitious, it wasnt.

Derek, just think before you type, man. Im guilty of it too, but you have how many responses here trying to defend what you said? Imagine if I said "Derek is a nice guy, haha!". Yoy would assume that previous comments to that "haha" were in jest. I take my heritage seriously, and will not tolerate someone making fun of them, ESPECIALLY on a public forum.

Dont sweat it, but dont continue trying to say a mocking comment on my name is innocent or acceptable. I'll certainly accept it as an innocent mistake, but it was a mistake nonetheless.

Well, I guess we have to assume that I was mocking. And I like you will defend a stance I am certain about, and certainly in the face of people that were only jumping in for arguments sake, not really knowing what either of us truly implied by our posts. It wasn't, and cannot mock your heritage, since I do not even know what that may be.

I cannot read too deeply into text for implied meaning, and it is admittedly sometimes hard (for me) to read your own text out of the context you meant it and see it as another would interpret it. That is why, to myself, I was making an inquiry more than a mockery.

I do sincerely apologizre though for coming off as mocking you. I wanted to know if it was your real name, as for me it would have pulled together all the panda avatars and such and made a connection. But the reference to the pizza spillage threw me off, so I was looking for other off-the-wall entries in the minutes.

Derek_S;276602 wrote: Well, I guess we have to assume that is was mocking you dont we? It wasnt, and I cannot mock your heritage, since I do not even know what that may be, but I am sorry. I cannot reed too deeply into text for implied meaning, and it is admittedly hard to read your own text out of the context you meant it and see it as another would interpret it. Kinda like judging your own artwork. But the apology is sincere

Cool. Apology accepted. But....are you really saying you CANT see how I could be irritated by what you said? C'mon man. I know my last name is unusual, and can be perceieved as comical, but, can you not see that laughing at it is derisive? You once criticized me for poking fun at corvettes, and you cant understand how I would get irritated at someone poking fun of my last name, and by implication, my heritage?!

Well, this is going nowhere, I am going to drop it. I know what you have requested the mods do, and I, obviously cannot act, but someone else, surely will. Take it easy, man.

oops, you edited, while I was posting. So, some of what i said doesnt make sense. Dont sweat it. Lets drop it.

Sorry, I was attempting to proof it a little this time. But i got ya.

Back