JBJ ATO Help please

sn4k33y3z

Market
Reaction score
Does this seem right? The ATO doesn't shut off as soon as the switch is made... Any advice or help I'd appreciate it. Thanks!
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
fieldset>

couldn't see the switch in your movie, but mine runs for a second or so after the switch reaches the correct level and the sensor light turns off.

My pump may be too big then. I think thats crap if that is how it's suppose to operate. Once the switch is made it shut cut off and not run for additional five seconds.

My jbj shuts of as soon as the high switch is made. I have it with both switches in the sump at the same height. Water varies a 1/2" maybe. I use a hydor pico

John- That's was my intent of use with the ATO for redundency. However, while I was in troubleshooting mode, I decided I'd use just the one switch and test it. There is too much of a delay between the on and off mode (not to be confused with the run limiter dial).

I did try the it with the dual switch mode. It turned the pump on instantly, but it still had a five second delay turning off when the switch was made.

Oh that's a big pump. Easiest solution would be to pick up an aqualifter or a hydor pico

I was thinking that, but I still feel like when the switch is made it should kill the pump instantly regardless of pump size.

Goggle search it but I think there is some kind of adjustment dial inside the unit itself if I remember correctly.

Mike- that adjustment is strictly for the run time of a pump not to exceed. My problem is, the float switch doesn't turn the pump off instantly like I feel it should.

I have had nothing but problems with mine. Lots of adjustments and cleaning. Looking for something better...:fish:

ive had the same problem...I use only one float switch when i go out of town. If i have the switch in the water when i turn on the ATO it will fill past where i want. However, if I turn on the unit with the float switch really deep in my sump, it stays off then i move it to where i want the water level and it works perfectly. I know it defeats the purpose....if you can return it I would go with the Tunze Osmolator Universal Water Level Regulator 3155.

tz4111.htm

That's interesting, it should turn off right away. I've had the JBJ before using a maxijet 1200 as my pump and it still turns off right away. I think your best bet is to call JBJ if you bought it new. Using a smaller pump is just putting a band aid on it, it's not solving your problem.

Back