JBJ ATO users advice

mockery

Market
Reaction score
What pump do ya'll use for the actual topping off. I'm using an aqua lifter now but it just is not cuttting it.

Thanks for your help
Colin

i need somethin else as well as atleast once a day i have to toggle the switch b/c it fails to completly fill my ato area

Have you done the mod to increase the run time before disable? Its pretty easy. I even think its on the jbj website.

I used a mj 600 then a 900. You migt overrate it just a little, and put a valve in it to cut it back a little if needed.

i did the mod where i adjusted it to 7min but its like the sensor wont fully trip the aqualifter some times...i don't know what the deal is...idk if my aqualifter is just all used up or what but i have only been using it for like 6months

Maxijet 600 for me and tends to work great. Hey Jeremy do you have a link to the mod?

Colin, why isn't the Aqua Lifter working? Too much head height or something? Mine works like a charm and has to move water up 2.5 feet, over 20+ and back up 3 or so feet.

WILLIAM1;351093 wrote: Maxijet 600 for me and tends to work great. Hey Jeremy do you have a link to the mod?

a>

texhorns98;351095 wrote: Colin, why isn't the Aqua Lifter working? Too much head height or something? Mine works like a charm and has to move water up 2.5 feet, over 20+ and back up 3 or so feet.

Looks like you got lucky Trey! mine won't even move the water up 3 feet then down 1.5.

I think my dad is going to try and extend the internal timer. I'm in CA right now so it is up to my dad.

Hmmm...I would check for something clogging the line then. It's supposed to be able to pull at 3 feet max and push even more than that. Now the flow rate is VERY slow, but it's supposed to be. I think it's in the 'hood of 3gph.

Yup, instructions that came with my aqualifters said 3gph. I have mine turning on 15min every 4 hours topping off through my kalk reactor controlled by a float valve. It's only pulling up about 18", then pushing down the same height and up through the kalk reactor finally to the sump.

Back