JBJ RL-30 help

keithm

Reaction score
I'm new into the hobby, and I've decided to go with the JBJ RL-30. So I've gotten that far... Does anyone that also has this tank have any tips on setup and additional equipment, particularly lighting? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What type of corals do you plan on stocking the tank with?

Intending to start with some soft corals, and move to SPS.

Well, if you plan on SPS any time in the near future, then I would go ahead and buy a good light. Kessil 360's and Radion XR15 are both lights that would serve you well and would allow you to grow just about anything you want. Both can be mounted to the rim of the tank with an arm that is bought separately. There might be other lights that others might suggest, but out of the current LEDs on the market, these two are my favorite. Just keep in mind that the Kessil will require a separate controller in order to program the light. The Radion has a built in controller, but you could get a Reef Link if you wanted to get fancy with the programming and want to control it wirelessly. The Reef Link will also allow you to sync it up with a Vortech MP10, which I would also suggest looking at for circulation. Again, these are just the items that I feel provide the best results, and also the most value over the long haul.

It's a cheaper option but the oceanrevive comes w mounting legs now. Just a thought

I ran one for a couple of years. 2 mp10s, one Radion Pro. Very good growth. Here is a top down.

4B5BAB5A-9170-43F7-9AD0-52592071F07F.jpg
alt="" />

Wow! That's awesome. Thanks everyone for the advice! Any suggestions on nano skimmers? And I'm actually going to get the RL-45 after all.

I did purchase a Kessil A360we for it. I liked the smaller size.

The Cadlights pls-50 Elite. There is not another nano skimmer that comes close.

That's what I've been reading. Are there any quirks you've run into with the system?

Back