Jeabo Pump Issues

islandreef

Market
Reaction score
Ok please tell me its just my bad luck with these pumps. I bought two of the WP versions, those have sinced bit the dust. I try to take them out every few months and give them a nice vinegar bath to clean them up. Next upgraded to RW 15, Now these two are gone as well. These I didnt do any vinegar bath just took them out to clean them up and put them back. I was told I need a replacement motor anybody else having issues with these. They work like a charm when there working but now I have 2 out. )#)$U)UDS

I have used them for about a year with no issues. I completely disassemble them to clean about once a month. Seems like you have dfinitely had problems.

I hate to say this and I'm sure you've heard this before. "Made In China"

Sorry you having difficulties with your pumps.
Seems like they sell like hot cake when they came out, even so I have heard of multiple brands carrying the same model and shape for the motors, end of the history for them would be buying more and more of them every time they decide to quit working, that's not comparable to expend little extra and get a better quality pump and not having issues with overseas, never-easy-to-reach-costumer service.

Reefkeeper;1057834 wrote: I hate to say this and I'm sure you've heard this before. "Made In China"

Everything is made in China these days...

joseayes;1057835 wrote: Sorry you having difficulties with your pumps.
Seems like they sell like hot cake when they came out, even so I have heard of multiple brands carrying the same model and shape for the motors, end of the history for them would be buying more and more of them every time they decide to quit working, that's not comparable to expend little extra and get a better quality pump and not having issues with overseas, never-easy-to-reach-costumer service.
I guess that would be relative .:D I say buy 4 rw15 for the price of one egotech mp40 and not have to deal with any customer service. Plus you can manipulate the direction of flow. My 2 cents.

Reefkeeper;1057834 wrote: I hate to say this and I'm sure you've heard this before. "Made In China"

Love these helpful comments. Where is your phone made? Where is your computer made? It has nothing to do with it being made in China, its about quality control.

However, back to OP's post. I have two WP40 since January of this year, and I have yet to have any problems. I should probably clean them out more often than every 3 months...

I personally have two RW-15's and one RW-8 that have run for over a year with no problems. I intended to clean them more often but they get cleaned about once every 6 months. I've found that not using vinegar is much better for them. Just soak them in warm/hot water with a mild detergent for about 2 hours and they clean up nicely. Makes sure to rinse well before putting back in the tank.

Vinegar destroys the epoxy that surrounds the motor windings and that allows saltwater to creep in so you eventually get either a dead motor or the shock of your life.

Having run two large group buys on Jebao pumps......I've only had about 4 with issues and my last order was nearly $13k worth of pumps.

porpoiseaquatics;1057859 wrote: I personally have two RW-15's and one RW-8 that have run for over a year with no problems. I intended to clean them more often but they get cleaned about once every 6 months. I've found that not using vinegar is much better for them. Just soak them in warm/hot water with a mild detergent for about 2 hours and they clean up nicely. Makes sure to rinse well before putting back in the tank.

Vinegar destroys the epoxy that surrounds the motor windings and that allows saltwater to creep in so you eventually get either a dead motor or the shock of your life.

Having run two large group buys on Jebao pumps......I've only had about 4 with issues and my last order was nearly $13k worth of pumps.

This is very true, My RWs have been running a yr or so, only cleaned 3 to 4 times with warm water.The RW seems to be built better then the wps model.

civics14;1057858 wrote: Love these helpful comments. Where is your phone made? Where is your computer made? It has nothing to do with it being made in China, its about quality control.

However, back to OP's post. I have two WP40 since January of this year, and I have yet to have any problems. I should probably clean them out more often than every 3 months...

porpoiseaquatics;1057859 wrote: I personally have two RW-15's and one RW-8 that have run for over a year with no problems. I intended to clean them more often but they get cleaned about once every 6 months. I've found that not using vinegar is much better for them. Just soak them in warm/hot water with a mild detergent for about 2 hours and they clean up nicely. Makes sure to rinse well before putting back in the tank.

Fishlips;1057862 wrote: This is very true, My RWs have been running a yr or so, only cleaned 3 to 4 times with warm water.The RW seems to be built better then the wps model.

Acandoit;1057863 wrote: I bought one when they first came out a couple years ago and haven't had any issues. They do need cleaning occasionally but they have been great power heads for me.
Lies all lies I tell you. No way could they last. You absolutely must spend way more than they cost to get anything that will last.:D

I guess you could buy an egotech and pay for the additional wetsides and shipping upfront instead of only when you need it.

My actual propellers never fail, it's the controllers for me, they wig out and just get stuck in one mode. Have gone through 2 controllers in 1 year

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Meeetch;1057875 wrote: My actual propellers never fail, it's the controllers for me, they wig out and just get stuck in one mode. Have gone through 2 controllers in 1 year

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yeah, I couldn't comment on the controller as my pumps are being controlled through my Reef Angel.

I've had the WP10s, WP25s and RW8s. I had one issue with a WP10 power head and Logan over at (Reefbreeder's) replaced it immediately. There is several US suppliers and I believe Rit carries the Jaebo line locally. Ive read that you have to be careful about getting sand grains in the propellor shaft, It may cause the motor to burn up if it's not cleaned. I thought they were great pumps and the price is definitely right compared to the competition. :)

I got 2 RW8s from a member that had about 4 months use on them. I ran them both for about 3 weeks and one just died on me... the other is still going strong (it's only been about another month). The controller still lights up on the broken one but I can't get any action out of the pump...

I disagree with it doesn't have to do with China. China has no quality control and if they do it's piss poor. Companies like Apple and other large companies use China to produce and assemble there phones. They define and mandate strict QC rules to the manufactures. Unless QC is mandated and followed, some of the stuff that comes out of China is hit and miss. And it's not just China is other countries as well.

When was the last time you bought a German product and heard of the same type issues. Very rarely because they build great products and have high standards with excellent QC.

QC is big part of the problem and your absolutely right. From my experience with owning Jebeao's Eshine Leds and other type products there QC is majoring lacking and they all failed with a short period compared to other products. That's my 2 cents.

By the way I do have some RW-8's on a frag tank and they've been working well for 6 months now. I had a set of RW-15 on my 93 and the controllers died just after 2 months.

What I can see here is that the majority is saying that they have one or two or even more and two have been fail, that talks about the quality of them, it's true everything will indefinitely fail without maintenance but the real question is not answer yet: You expend on expensive corals, and they surely going to perish if you relay on equipment that you have heard it would not last long.
I wouldn't blame China, like its been said, many companies use them to lower the cost of production in mass quantities, you buy them? They keep making them for you.
About buying reef stuff, I would relay on products that have been tested proven and they still on the market keeping strong.
It's true, Germany makes great consumables, I've seen Eheim filters, pumps, etc, working for very long time, not needing much maintenance, in other branch who of you doesn't have an Stihl equipment in your garage, you don't? Mmm...
Wish we could not be talking about another countries success or disgrace on products and we could get more competitive brands built in USA

I have been running two rw8's with no issues for over 8 months, also use a Jebao DC12000 pump with no issues. I think its all about luck :(

Well I must be the one with bad luck. I have a dc12000 Pump that died on me, it was purchase through a GB on here. Sent it to porpoiseaquatics and He figured out what was wrong with it. Well a few weeks later it went out on me again. Just decided I cant trust it so I removed it and went with something else. I bought a RW15 on another GB and got another one from a member on here. Both have passed on me as well. Not sure why Jeabo hates me but I will continue to check them out.

I have 2 wp-40's been running for 1 1/2 years. Had an issue with one of the pumps motor. Replaced it and its been good since. I use the DCT-8000 as my return pump for about 6 months and I love it. Also have a jebeo pump powering my coralbox d700 skimmer. Had a wp10 on my son's non take a crap on me after like 4 months, but overall I'm satisfied with their products.

Back