jebao dc3000 first impression

picoreefguy

Market
Reaction score
i decided to order the jebao dc3000 for my 40b build. it came in last night and looks to be a pretty solid pump. the plastic cage that goes over the inlet when used as a submersible seems a bit fragile but thats to be expected considering i only paid $75 for the pump. i didnt have time to test it out last night but ill fill a bucket with some water when i get home and see how well it does. the main reason i went with this pump is because its an affordable dc pump and dc pumps are supposed to be super quiet. ive read a few reviews of it and very few people had any problems. one guy said it locked up on him after a year an a half but even if it only lasts a year ill have got my moneys worth out of it. i was going to get the tunze 1073 series but, for double the price for the equivalent pump, ill give the jebao a shot.

Don't have the DC, but the two RW-8's I have are work horses. At the very least, it will be nice to see some pricing competition to bring the other guys back to earth.

I love my DC 12000! It's quiet, runs cool and is adjustable via a control pad. Who could ask for more considering the group buy pricing?

My SpeedWave 790gph was very quiet but replaced it with an Eheim and it's relegated to mix duty now. Just couldn't bring myself to trust it and its flow wasn't as much as I was expecting.

I have a speedwave and love it. its been going for over a year now, give i do clean it once every 6 months or so.

well i tested it out last night and forgot to post about it. i didnt haven an empty 5 gallon bucket so i used a smaller one that was just big enough to fit the pump inside. even in such a small bucket it was super quiet and pushed a lot of water, the sound of the water flowing through the pipe was louder than the pump itself once i get it into a sump i could imagine that i wouldn't hear it at all. the soft start has to be my favorite feature though. it ramps up nice and slow over the course of about 30 seconds or so. so far im really liking this pump, time will tell if its going to last or not but as of right now i give it a thumbs up.

I have a dc3000 on bc29 and I can hear a slight whinning when set to max other than that its dead quiet.

wow! how did you fit that thing in there? it seems like it would be too big for a biocube. does it blow everything around when its set to max?

Picoreefguy;1020714 wrote: wow! how did you fit that thing in there? it seems like it would be too big for a biocube. does it blow everything around when its set to max?
It barely fits. I had to make a custom manifold and have a thread on it. It does not blow everything around as it also feeds an external skimmer and media reactor. I am taking them offline soon and can report back how it is if you want.

ok cool i was thinking that would be a little bit too much for a biocube but with it powering other things it seems appropriate. yea that would be great so other people with biocubes could consider using one as well.

Back