Jebao knock off compared to gyre

rexx1029

Market
Reaction score
Hey everyone
Seeing if anyone bought one of the jebao a knockoffs of the gyre? I know rit with Atlanta aquarium had them at the expo but didn't get my hands on one. Seeing if anyone could give the pros and cons of it I have the gyre and love it but for the price on the jebao I may pick up another one.
Thanks
Rexx

following on this topic. the guy at the booth was supposed to play with it later after the expo, not sure if he's done so or not.

I may have seen a few people walking away with the knockoffs during the expo but not sure what they're experience with it has been.

I think they are now the gyre is and I have one one these and they say jebao is aswell

How much are they? Cant find any for sale online, due to the patent infringement I assume.

Rit has them for $140. I've been wanting to get one and have been curious as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only thing I have seen said on the big boards was that they seem to lose power after a few months. This was maybe six months or so after they came out, so the issue has probably (maybe?) been corrected by now.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

$140 is the same price that Fishstreet has them for, so I will have to swing by Rits place to pick one up. From what I have read, the new Jebao/Jecod Cross-Flow goes toe-to-toe for every feature of the MaxSpect Gyre pump and the only thing that maker Jebao didn’t outright rip-off was the Gyre name. At almost half the cost, I will give it a try in my new 90 gallon reef. If they are anything like the RW pumps, then I will be super happy.

jhallewell;1082829 wrote: $140 is the same price that Fishstreet has them for, so I will have to swing by Rits place to pick one up. From what I have read, the new Jebao/Jecod Cross-Flow goes toe-to-toe for every feature of the MaxSpect Gyre pump and the only thing that maker Jebao didn’t outright rip-off was the Gyre name. At almost half the cost, I will give it a try in my new 90 gallon reef. If they are anything like the RW pumps, then I will be super happy.

Let me know what you think! I'm interested to hear the feedback.

Austin

He owns Atlanta Aquarium. Pleasant Hill Rd across from Gwinnett Place mall.

Torqued;1083389 wrote: Who is Rit? Better yet where is Rit? :)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

What :doh: ?. He's the best salesman this side of the Mississippi! .... best salesman in North America. I've traveled 95 + miles; one way, to visit RIT's store. When you get to his reef store, tell him Wannabee sent ya. Don't forget to ask about the "In house" weekly sales going on.

Wannabee

Here's a link to his threads here at ARC:
forumdisplay.php

WannabeeaReefKeeper;1083445 wrote: What :doh: ?. He's the best salesman this side of the Mississippi! .... best salesman in North America. I've traveled 95 + miles; one way, to visit RIT's store. When you get to his reef store, tell him Wannabee sent ya. Don't forget to ask about the "In house" weekly sales going on.

Wannabee

Here's a link to his threads here at ARC: http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149">http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149</a>[/QUOTE]

I agree I make the same drive monthly and always visit him. He's a great guy not just there to sell you. He gets to know you and your tank. Very friendly

jrhunter0000;1083496 wrote: I agree I make the same drive monthly and always visit him. He's a great guy not just there to sell you. He gets to know you and your tank. Very friendly

^^^^ Concur. RIT is more than just a Salesman. I've seen in more than once on my visits to his store; while I'm browsing, RIT would advise the customer that they really didn't need that specific product. RIT is always trying to save the customers some money with unnecessary purchases. If you don't believe this, if your in the area, stop by and browse and become a witness like me of unnecessary products purchased that are not needed. Just my 1/2 cents.

Wannabee

Hey guys, I want to clear things up a bit concerning the Cross-Flow. I did get in a big shipment of Cross-Flow. I was contacted by Chris Conti right after the shipment. He explained to me that his company going to litigate against any company who sell Cross-Flow since the product infringed on their Gyre pump.

I did checked into the Gyre patient a little bit. Quit honestly their patient is very weak. The patient for the Cross-Flow is much stronger. The company that made the pump is a Chinese company and they have no patient claim on the product as far as I know. With that said, one cannot predict an outcome of a litigation and I don&#8217;t want be in the middle of a litigation especially the risk to reward isn&#8217;t in my favor.

Long story short, I sent the product back. I&#8217;ll stay out of the fight until the dust settle.

Thank you for your support. I hope to bring lots of different types of equipment very soon.

This prevents me from purchasing one from Rit, so I guess I will have to wait until this patent thing is sorted and he can sell them, or order one from EBAY or Fishstreet.

Back