Jebao slw-30

Dmac

Market
Reaction score
Anybody have any experience with this series of jebao? Looking for pros and cons.

One negative thing about them would be the magnets that they attach to the glass with. They are lacking in strength

I have the 20 and it seems fine. I went with the 20 because I heard that the 30 rattles and makes a bit more noise...
Im not a connoisseur of powerheads though....I've got a bunch of cheap sunsuns, the slw20 and the scp180 all in various tanks

I have the 20 and it seems fine. I went with the 20 because I heard that the 30 rattles and makes a bit more noise...
Im not a connoisseur of powerheads though....I've got a bunch of cheap sunsuns, the slw20 and the scp180 all in various tanks
Yeah, I'm basic with mine too. Always had jebao and have worked well for me

I have the slw-10 in my 24x18x12 and wish I went with the slw-20. The 10 might be sufficient for a 20 long or smaller but for lagoon tanks I think you need more power.

All of mine are quiet. When they get really dirty they do start to emit a slight hum. Only other time they get noisy is when a small snail gets into them

I have loved mine. Quiet and move a good bit of water. As far as cons, the controllability is a bit lacking but good for set and forget. The new MLW series fixes this. Very similar to Nero pumps. I’ve have 2 30s and tried the 20s. The 30 is considerably more powerful and not much larger at all. Unless you are running something under 30 gallons I wouldn’t recommend the 20 over the 30.

How much more beneficial is a wavemake over a simple powerhead like the hydor? Is it the water movement in different directions? Ive always had fo tanks til I set this biocube 32 reef up.

I tried those with my first tank. No controllability didn't work well for me, limited the options too much.

So....just got my slw-30 in and I'm having doubts as the packaging says it's made for nano tanks🤔. I'm wondering if I should just pack it back up and go with the gyre like I originally intended.

The 30 is so not for a nano. I have the 10 in a 25 lagoon and it move a ton of water. Tho I will say I am loving gyre pumps

I've had better longevity out of SOW than SLW. That said the SLW 30 is definitely not for a nano. My SLW-5 even turned all the way down was to much in the 13.5g.

How much more beneficial is a wavemake over a simple powerhead like the hydor? Is it the water movement in different directions? Ive always had fo tanks til I set this biocube 32 reef up.

I always ran Hydor and modified MJ1200 back in the day. I gave WaveMakers a go this time. I think Jebao WaveMaker is worth it over Koralia or similar. I don't know that a Tunze or Ecotech is worth the money but we all have different budgets and desires. For +$20 it's easy for +$200 I don't think it's make some huge difference to the overall system.

Back