Jellies?

dkelly

Market
Reaction score
Anyone setup a jelly tank? I've always been fascinated by jellies after seeing the beautiful jelly tanks at the Monterey Bay Aquarium. We are about to remodel our 1st floor and I'm thinking about installing one of the specialized round tanks for Moon Jellies.

check midwater systems- they specialize in jelly systems and tank raised jellies.
a>

The only thing I know about jellyfish, is that the Georgia Aquarium uses an entire coffee sized can of brine shrimp eggs a day to make nauplii to feed the ones they house. Most of it ends up in the filter. Good luck and happy hatching :).

a>

I didn't know you could even have jellies in a home tank!! How awesome...and they really aren't that expensive. That tank was a little pricey..but the jellies weren't.

You can't go wrong with the Cassiopeia xamachana aka "The Upside-Down Jelly". Not as cool as the free swimming jellies but Ive got some that are still going in thier 10 gallon tank here at the house. Your standard air pump and 10 gallon tank are much cheaper than the Kriesel systems that you usually see in the public aquariums.

Hm.... would jellies be a good choice for a "slow-flow" refugium?

Hmmmmm I wonder.... (begin dream sequence)

<span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS;"><span style="font-size: 14px;"><span style="color: darkgreen;">We (Southeast Aquariums) are researching putting together a jelly tank (system) as well as some jelly propagation (since they are hard to find) - what is the general feeling - would all of the research and development be worthwhile?</span></span></span>
<span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS;"><span style="font-size: 14px;"><span style="color: #006400;"></span></span></span>
<span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS;"><span style="font-size: 14px;"><span style="color: #006400;">I know that Tim can build anything - just want to make sure that it will be worth our time and expense (I have already contacted several "jelly" experts for consultation).</span></span></span>

Very cool. The jelli aquarium systems are really expensive. If they aere alittle cheaper more people would be learning about jellies.

Back