Jelly Fish

grimreefer

Market
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about jelly fish? Can you buy them? Are they illegal? Does anyone have them? Have you ever seen them in a aquarium? How about Moon Jelly fish?

Okay, I went to the aquarium today and my daughter loved the Moon Jelly Fish. So I thought about having them in their own tank. Is this possible or is it to difficult or illegal?

I owned a few many, many years ago....... Now keeping those guys out of a power head is nearly impossible

they are available and legal. They need their own tank, and are advanced animals, though.

a>

Thanks guys, I have a 24" cube that I was thinking about using. Would that be big enough for them?

Dakota9;334955 wrote: I owned a few many, many years ago....... Now keeping those guys out of a power head is nearly impossible

+1
I can't even keep an anemone (hope i spelled that right, someone will let me know if i didn't) out of a powerhead.

tgray3;334984 wrote: +1
I can't even keep an anemone (hope i spelled that right, someone will let me know if i didn't) out of a powerhead.

I do a search on that word every 5min and try to send corrective PMs - but you did well.. :shout:

JUST KIDDING!

Since it would be for jellyfish only, I wouldn't have a power head. I wouldn't think they need the flow. Just something calm to hang out in, Actually, I looking for the same kind of environment for myself. :yes:

grimreefer;334997 wrote: Since it would be for jellyfish only, I wouldn't have a power head. I wouldn't think they need the flow. Just something calm to hang out in, Actually, I looking for the same kind of environment for myself. :yes:
They absolutely need flow. Either plan on using an airstone, or setting up a "kreisel" style tank.

jmaneyapanda;334979 wrote: they are available and legal. They need their own tank, and are advanced animals, though.

http://www.jelliquarium.com">www.jelliquarium.com</a>[/QUOTE]

guy who owns the company that makes those also has a pretty sweet Youtube channel with various aquarium vids he takes as he does mantiance, you'll get hooked pretty quick

[IMG]http://www.youtube.com/user/lafishguy">http://www.youtube.com/user/lafishguy</a>

reefhobbyistmagazine.com This month has a little on jellies and the newest trendy coral.......purple hornets! Good trachy article too

Jeremy beat me to it. Kriesel is pretty much necessary.

I used to have little Kriesel style fishbowls set up for my seahorse fry.

Need to have a round tank to do it right.

Interesting creatures, but very specialized in their needs.

Jenn

I have a 24x24x20 tank with a built in chiller. It's an oceanic lobster tank and says it'll keep water down to 55deg, burrr. I can create whatever kind of flow they will need, but can it be done with that size of a tank.

Jenn, if you don't mind, I'll give you a call when you open today and pick your brain for a minute.

Barry, It takes a while for me to make a decision, but when it's made I'm move on it, especially when part of my family shows even the slightest bit of interest in anything saltwater. :lol2:

Not entirely random, but you need to see the relatively recent Will Smith movie "7 Pounds". Pretty sure it's out on DVD now.
Kriesel is a must. They do need appropriate flow, but not the kind of flow that would pin them in a corner of an angular tank or suck them in a PH.

Back