Jumper Question

stacy22

Market
Reaction score
I know that wrasses have a reputation for being jumpers. I introduced a blue-sided into my DT and within hours she was in the overflow. Thank goodness she wasn't on the floor...

My question concerns six-lines. I have seen many uncovered frag tanks with these wrasses in them. Are they much less prone to jumping than the flashers and fairies? I have a six-line in my 55 that is covered. I am considering moving him to my 40 breeder seagrass tank. This tank is not covered (and I didn't plan on covering it). Any thoughts about jump risk? The only other fish inhabitants in the 40 is a pair of false percs.

The main reason I am considering moving him is so that I can put some flashers in my 55. :D I know they can't go in there with a 6-line. We'll they CAN but..... :(

Mine never jumped but I am guessing it was just dumb luck. Oh yeah, I guess he is yours now...
BZ

bobz;323183 wrote: Mine never jumped but I am guessing it was just dumb luck. Oh yeah, I guess he is yours now...
BZ

He's so much fun to watch. :) I'm posting some pictures tonight of my 150. The sargassum has settled in nicely. He kicked the tomini tang outta his bed and has not let him back in. :eek:

D'oh! Looking forward to seeing him again. I miss my buddies.

Darren24;323193 wrote: I had 2 six lines jump......

Mine also jumped, he was in the tank for over a year. But then it happened; poor watermelon head, I still miss him.

My sixline jumped (yes, the one you saw in the tank). I just hapen to be sitting on the sofa and caught it out of the cornner of my eye. went over and tossed him ack in...

Jason

I have had one jump from a partially covered tank and since then have at least kept egg crate over them.

OK, I'm convinced. If I move him, I'll cover the tank. On second thought, I'll just put some flashers in the 40, cover it, and leave the 6-line where he is. For some reason I think catching a 6-line would be about as possible as me winning the lottery. :D

Thanks for all the input.

I saw the title "Jumper Question", so immediately clicked on it, as I thought the Catholic School-Girl Uniform wouldn't be the direction I would go if I were you.....

Not a very professional look if you know what I mean.

I see I was way off base, but have input none-the-less. PAPA WAS A ROLLIN STONE AND SIX LINE WRASSES JUMP!!!!!!!!!!! It's the way the world works, don't go tryin to change it.....

I lost a Six-Line Wrasse to this fate, chances are you will too. So do what coach says and Keep it covered!!!!!! </em>

I have a 6line in my 90. He has been in there for around 6 months and has never jumped.... Granted my clowns do once a month or so. I have been told by some more experienced reefers then myself that sometime having a good deal of surface agitation will sometimes hinder wrasses and other jumpers. Whether or not this is true I have no idea. I run alot of flow in my tank with a good deal of it close to the surface. Maybe its just coincidence or just this 6line hasn't gotten depressed yet. I dunno. LOL

Back