Jumping Diamonds

jhutto

Reaction score
Guys,
Recently I purchased my first Diamond Goby. He was a little Houdini as he jumped into my overflow (first hint). As I was debating on how to get him out for a few days (had read several ideas here) and feeding him along the way, he jumped back into the main tank (90gal).

Okay, thats great and then several days later he goes missing again. I look all around waiting for him to appear. Then I found him, as he had been carpet surfing. I thought he would not jump out as my tank is has a covered canopy except for 5-6 inches vertical on the very back side of the tank.

Okay, lesson learned. Cover the tank when buying diamonds. Nobody else has ever jumped out. Had bought the egg crate earlier to put over the tank. Got it out measured and cut it and got a very good fit so no one else jumps out.

Nice, right? Go back to LFS to buy another diamond. Got him locked up tight. Stay in the tank for about 4 days. Went missing. Guess where he was...Same place the other one..carpeting surfing. A very expensive lesson.
Diamond are not only girl's best friend but they also do jump....:fish:

Appears so. He was not that big. Must have made a perfect dive. I would give him a "10".

Joe

Back