Just came back fromt the Bahamas!....

stroid

Market
Reaction score
Lets start by saying this story gets worse...Well I just came back from the Bahamas and it was absolutely amazing. Ive never seen our buddies in the wild before and I am completely inspired and want millions of tangs and wrasses! Now here is the crappy part...got home to see my huge frogspawn colony almost completely dead. everything else looks fine and happy. Gonna make some new salt water pretty soon and get started on the changes. Really bummed out because all was well before I left. Now my system is out of whack...I had my dad taking care of the tank but his knowledge is limited. Totally sucks to loose a massive colony like that right after a great trip or anytime for that matter. Just venting a bit and why does this always happen when we(hobbyist) go out of town

Nassau then Cococay on a cruise ship with my company. It was amazing not nassau so much but cococay was unbelievable.

lol seriously freaking crazy it seems like i always read about it. I even did water changes and tests before i left and crap. Just sucks!

I grew up spening my summers in Nassua working on scuba diving boats. I haven't been back in acouple years, but I know what you mean about seeing all of our pets in the wild and wanting to try and recreate that at home. My love for scuba diving is what got me into this hobby. Did you do any diving while down there? Sorry to hear about the frog spawn.

Ziad! Welcome back! Was thinking about you and your trip! Did you get your cert on this trip? We visited Diver's Supply tonight! We're seriously thinking of signing up! We want to hear more about your experience!!!

Welcome back bro. Glad ya had fun. Sorry bout the spawn :( Maybe someone you gave a frag to will repay you with a frag.

nah the diving didnt happen just snorkeling. i needed 2 days to finish my cert and I only had 1 day on each island. but still that was amazing at cococay the depth was 5-20 feet you could see perfectly and the weather couldnt have been better.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
143554=8972-IMG_1969.jpg
>
143554=8972-IMG_1969.jpg
class="gc-images" title="IMG_1969.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
143554=8971-STD_1966.jpg
>
143554=8971-STD_1966.jpg
class="gc-images" title="STD_1966.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Nice! My wife and I started taking a yearly vacation without kids with a cruise to the Bahamas back in 1989. The next year we went to Jamaica to an all inclusive resort which was like a cruise without having to leave the beach. Went back every year untill I retired and figured that money could be put to a better use. Unfortunately, that didn't happen, I started into this hobby.

Sorry about the frogspawn, what do you think happened? You weren't gone that long were you?

that's awesome! But I'm sorry to hear about your frogspawn. i hope the rest of the tank is doing well! Maybe we'll see you this weekend at Einstein's! ;-)

Sorry to hear about your frogspawn. I have a 3 head frag you gave me which is doing great. I'll give it back to you to get you started again.

no worries I had kept a few frags and put them in my other tanks I still have maybe 3 different frags. Not sure what went wrong I was gone four days...more investigating will happen tonight.

purpleGORILLA;143657 wrote: You went snorkling and you didn't take any underwater pics?
lol I totally thought about it but just didnt feel like dealing with it and I am supposed to go SCUBA diving next month so no big deal. But I sorta regret it!

Where ya headed for your open water? I saw your thread trying to get a group together...Hoping to meet Shannon this week. Did your sister like it?

my sister loved diving its just tough with both of our schedules to be able to go at the same time. We are going to Rainbow river and blue groto (or something like that at the end of march). I am actually going by the dive shop tonight at some point if you guys wanna meet my instructors they will probably there around 6-7pm.

Stroid;143674 wrote: my sister loved diving its just tough with both of our schedules to be able to go at the same time. We are going to Rainbow river and blue groto (or something like that at the end of march). I am actually going by the dive shop tonight at some point if you guys wanna meet my instructors they will probably there around 6-7pm.

I haven't done the blue grotto, but I dove the Rainbow River a few years back. You'll be amazed at the water clarity--the headspring of the Rainbow was clearer than any swimming pool. It's amazing how much water is just bubbling up out of the ground. The water in both is going to be 72 degrees--quite a bit cooler than your Bahama's trip!

Yeah ill be wearing a 5mm suit so I should be ok may even get a 7mm for that one still not sure. I am buying a 5mm that just came into my local dive shop tonight. And yes the Rainbow river is supposed to be pretty awesome for a somewhat local dive.

Back