Just checking

Jeremey’s reef

Reaction score
Is this what growth looks like or should I be worried? I purchased this green candy cane from premier aquatics 2 -3 weeks ago all bunched up like a bush and it has began to do this. Should I be jumping for joy or taking action? (The one on the left is the one in question)

Attachments

• D5139F29-B21B-456E-B907-83BCF40B508A.jpeg
    D5139F29-B21B-456E-B907-83BCF40B508A.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 30
I added 2 wrasses, a derosa clam, and a sea star. I tested my water and everything seemed to be in order aside for some ammonia (API test kit). Could this be fixed via water changes?

Ammonia is caused from death and decay, have you lost anything recently? Water change would help, a good water change will hide a lot of problems in a reef tank, but you need to find the root of the problem.

I would be quite worried about the ammonia, it is poisonous to animals. That is why it is highly suggested to completely cycle a tank before adding livestock, especially animals like clams and sea stars which require more mature tanks to thrive. I suggest large water changes or an ammonia neutralizer like Prime asap.

I would be quite worried about the ammonia, it is poisonous to animals. That is why it is highly suggested to completely cycle a tank before adding livestock, especially animals like clams and sea stars which require more mature tanks to thrive. I suggest large water changes or an ammonia neutralizer like Prime asap.
Prime? What wizardry is that lol

are you sure you have ammonia? those api test kits are notorious for showing 0.25 inaccurately how long as the tank been setup?

Back