Just finished reading..

billyocean

Supporting
Reaction score
The Conscientious Marine Aquarist second edition...excellent book for all of us novices! Still reading through Martin A. Moe Jr's The Marine Aquarium Reference sub Systems and Inverts...Both great books. The studying and reading as of late brings me to one conclusion...both books are what I consider essential reading for the noob. However, why has someone not stepped up to the plate to produce a newer rendition of a "reef keeping bible"? Perhaps I don't know of one...only magazines such as CORAL or what not. Is this because of technology changing so fast that nobody can actually make a "new" reference guide for "us" (the people who know things but know nothing..lol)? Or possibly the ink is still wet while something new comes out...ala led/mh/t5? Anyways, there are many intelligent and knowledgeable people here..seems like someone or some people as a team could write some kind of book for us..lol. Just a thought....

I've thought about this many times. I'm assuming it's because the market just isn't big enough for a publisher to want to do it. Back when these books were published, the Web wasn't as commonplace as it is today, so more people bought books. How many people would buy a book these days, though?

That's my guess anyway :)

Back