Just found this interesting website on fish breeding

sshindell

Lifetime
Reaction score
They just started last year:

a>

I have been there a lot. The guys who started it/ruyns it is great, but some people on that borad are real pompouas A$$ES, unlike me.:stupid:

They are talking up the fact that we have Witt coming for MACNA. Marini, Calfo, Williams are there.

I had a good talk with Marini recently. He really feels strongly that the hobby hobbyists have ignored the significant advances in captive fish breeding as something they could get into. Now that SPS growth is common place, he felt this was the next area for us to get excited about. It usually gets short changed at MACNA and other conferences. I tend to agree.

before they started this site, I wrangled with a few of them on RC, because some of them seemed to want to throw out the husbandry issues in the hopes of breeding. I didnt agree, and it turned rather silly (they didnt want me to discuss anything but breeding- husbandry discussion was not allowed at all). At any rate, it was a few bad apples, and I certainly dont implicate the whole group for their ridiculousness.

I, too, think captive breeding of fish desrevs a lot more attention. Not only in hobbyist informity, but also in regulatory measures. see me comments on ORA fish in another thread. Right now, its a free for all to see who can make the most money. A sure fire way to ruin the importance of issues such as this in this hobby.

Back