Just got my biocube skimmers in....

twhaddon

Market
Reaction score
Just received the new Tunze 9001 and the AquaticLife 115 for my 29 gallon Biocubes. I will lt you know how they work in a couple of weeks after break in.....

019c06e34af8e9659a9af8053ccab3a7_zpsf7cc81b3.jpg
alt="" />

I have the aquaticlife mini 115 and it was meh. I did mod it by extending the tube the feeds air to the pump which helped a little.

I figure it has to better than the one that came with the tank. The little oceanic skimmer. I have to find the right place for it so it is secure and the lid will still close on the tank - that is becoming challenging.

As for the Tunze 9001, I had to put it in 3rd chamber as that was the only place it would fit in my HQI biocube.

Time will tell.

I think that tunze will treat you well , I had that aquaticlife 115 , I did every mod and played hell with getting it just right but it did work when dialed in . I'm looking at replacing my 9002 with one or the 9001 , I'd be interested to see what you think of it after a little use .

After a few days the 115 isn't great, but it's doing ok for a low priced skimmer.

Now the new Tunze 9001 I think is very good for a biocube. It was pulling decent after a few days and now in its 2nd week it must be broke in because it doing an awesome job at replacing 9002. I had to put in my 3rd chamber with my return pump due to the light fixture in my HQI biocube so it is concealed and quiet. Completely covered and out of sight. Below are a couple of pics tonight with the cover off. I would recommend this skimmer if anyone is looking for one. When you turn it on you do get micro bubbles like any other skimmer, but they go away quickly.

32d34948aa83efdc0bc2bd688ae1172a_zpse6335bb5.jpg
alt="" />

7452570ed741a90c915ad2178b21250f_zps34620b80.jpg
alt="" />

Sweet , I've been looking at them since you originally posted about it.
My pump on my 9002 stopped working today for a moment, I banged on it and it fired right up but it's got me thinking of swapping it out before mine dies , thanks again for the update I'm glad it's working for you.

No problem. I'm sure results may vary due to the different setups out there, but I'm very happy with it!

Back