Kalk reactor setup

snowmansnow

Market
Reaction score
I have a reactor feeding off of my osmolator.

There is a back siphon that will suck kalk water into the ato chamber, and when placed above the reactor the osmolator pump will allow water to keep flowing once the pump is set to off.

I really don't want to use a check valve w kalk if possible.

Here's the question. This is an avast reactor. The input line goes down almost to the bottom of the reactor (I guess to force water up) ...

Is this line needed at all? Can I just let the ato drop the water on the top instead of running down the tube? Will it really ,ale that much difference?

This would solve the siphon issue wo a check valve.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

011d0f9a31e47f805048b2cd25e6d2d4.jpg
alt="" />

The in line can be seen at the left of the stir shaft

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

yea you need the line that goes down. water wants to take the path of least resistance so the water at the top will be the water that leaves the reactor via the out tube so if the water coming isnt forced down with the tube to mix with the kalk itll just go straight towards the out tube and only pick up a tiny bit of kalk on the way

So what if I get rid of the line, but extend a length of 1/2 pvc from the internal 90? And drill a hole in the top to stop syphon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

c652e86afdc2fd371c6aa940a55844d7.jpg
alt="" />

Here's my solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make sure your Kalk reactor is taller than your pump you are using and your hoses are go up higher than the reactor

Oh and I took my rigid pipe out of my reactor to where the water drips into the reactor. Since it is constantly stirring I am not worried about potency

The flow rate into the reactor is so slow with my case 1/4" tubing using a very small pump for ato. It is a trickle. A ball valve could slow it down even more if need I could imagine. Since it's clean rodi water I couldn't imagine it clogging.

At this rate. I am confident the Kalk ato is potent. Soley because their is a white residue in the clear hose feeding the tank.

Back