Kalkwasser clogging floatvalve in sump

parmoffitt

Market
Reaction score
Yes. Another problem that seems to happen every three or four days. I have two 5 gallon top off jugs on the side of my 90 gallon that have kalkwasser in them. It seems to be clogging the floatvalve. How would you solve this problem?

More reason to upgrade my sump which is tiny and put the whole thing in the basement so I can have room for a calcium reactor.

Thanks for the advice.

Patty,

It was great to meet you today. Glad we could help you with your skimmer problem. Sounds like an upgrade to your sump is in your near future ;) Best of luck and if you need any help with anything else, just let us know.

Jen,

It was a pleasure meeting you and Brandon. This is the first time this protein skimmer has worked since it was set up months ago. I am amazed at how smart both of you are
and am touched by your williness to help.

I still am sending you a PM.

Thanks again!!!!

Patty,

It was great to me ya.. I know Jen has replied to your PM but I just wanted to let you know that <u>I</u> enjoyed meeting ya. Glad we got your skimmer working. (I am actually surprised because I am NOT a skimmer person, I am a livestock person.) Anytime I can tinker with a tank, I am a happy person. I am just glad that I did not ruin anything!! You have my number and we always respond to PMs, let me know if you need anything else.

Back